Forum Direction thread gone! Please read!

XTreme

29 minutes ago, MooN said:

Pete, you seem t have the knack for creating haven's for oddities, the "not so normal".  you should really get a large subvention from the EU for looking after the handicapped.

Handicapped?  Yup, Buck is a multiple expat who drives a harly and rides a bus, Bruce is Saffer and rides a boat, You're a taffy dago, I'm half frog, Tym is unstable, Bob... well Bob has a Bristol accent, Grasshopper is a girl ( and fixes her bikes in a tent)  Cattee lives in Norfolk FFS!, various other members come from the dark side (of the atlantic) Yen puts up ride reports from abandoned toilets... lets face it, Pedro's probably the most normal person in here and he's portugese.   all of these conditions should be considered a handicap. Is it really surprising that our collective "Humour" is not readily comprehensible to all and sundry? 

I like it, Thank you for keeping it going despite what "normal " people might say or do. 

Thank you?

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I wouldn't thank him that just means your the odd one in here :classic_laugh:

Being the odd one here is no bad thing. 

I meant it with sarcasm, though, because of the "he's the most normal and he's portuguese" :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MooN said:

Pete, you seem t have the knack for creating haven's for oddities, the "not so normal".  you should really get a large subvention from the EU for looking after the handicapped.

Handicapped?  Yup, Buck is a multiple expat who drives a harly and rides a bus, Bruce is Saffer and rides a boat, You're a taffy dago, I'm half frog, Tym is unstable, Bob... well Bob has a Bristol accent, Grasshopper is a girl ( and fixes her bikes in a tent)  Cattee lives in Norfolk FFS!, various other members come from the dark side (of the atlantic) Yen puts up ride reports from abandoned toilets... lets face it, Pedro's probably the most normal person in here and he's portugese.   all of these conditions should be considered a handicap. Is it really surprising that our collective "Humour" is not readily comprehensible to all and sundry? 

I like it, Thank you for keeping it going despite what "normal " people might say or do. 

Thanks Chris! And can I just add @Mawsley to that list. I've known him for many years and he's seriously weird!

But your post has made me look at it a different way! The question is......should we really try to change the way we are in order to appeal to people who are not like us?

I'm inclined to think no.....because we're losing the one thing that differentiates us from everybody else.

I do agree that people shouldn't fuck up serious or specific subject threads to repeat the same stuff they've already posted in another thread though. So people should try and use a degree of judgement at times.

That may be asking too much given the mental state of some of the people here, but we can try.

What do the rest of you think?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pedro said:

Being the odd one here is no bad thing. 

I meant it with sarcasm, though, because of the "he's the most normal and he's portuguese" :classic_laugh:

As I'm the only one of us who's met Pedro (besides @Sofia) I can confirm he's serious in real life. More serious than he is online I'd say.

michael richards yes GIF

Lighten up you fucking manbag carrying Millennial! 

Excited Season 5 GIF by The Office

25 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Sorry not sorry, can’t do that. Every performance review I’ve had notes my incredibly poor judgement abilities. Being bi-polar is more than just sounding sexy. 

See what I mean?

He's totally fucking barking!

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

11 minutes ago, Bruce said:

That yer so far behind the curve and we've been telling you that for ages. But here we are once again with you bleating and flapping with old dear angst about how the rest of the world sees us and how we should all remember to wash behind our ears and mind our P's and Q's.

It's regular, like clock work. What you need to get out that thick skull of yours is it's ok to be small if those inside are happy being small. Of course this may clash with your personal ambitions to create the new MeccaForMotorcyclists.com but we dont really care for MeccaForMotorcyclists.com because if we did we'd already be there and you're late for the party.

But what do I know. tYm gave me some shit and I feel unstable lately. I almost told Buck I love him.

I'm going on feedback Bruce......as far as I was concerned everything was OK.

My concern is if we repeat the past exactly then this place will go the same way as all it's predecessors.

I don't want to build MeccaForMotorcyclists.com but neither do I want it to go down the shitter.....so I've got to listen to suggestions from members.

You got to admit some websites have done real well ignoring suggestions from their members.

Just saying if bad advice doesnt work, well...

cicular file it, works for the military. 

? 

As for the point about people starting their own forums......well it's a case of they prefer others to put everything on a plate for them. And I can tell you from experience that doing a forum takes a lot of your time.....and your money.

In terms of money, my business has picked up the tab (offset against tax) on everything for years.....and even after I left MB I still provided the hosting at no charge. No big deal......they were welcome to use it.

But going back 15 years I had nothing like the resources I have now, At the present time I have about 2TB of free space, plus massive CPU and memory resources on each of the two dedicated servers.......so this site's usage is inconsequential really. Just software updates and domain, those run to about €60 a year.

And I can tell you now that no other forum out there is in the position of having virtually unlimited resources already available. They have to pay for their resources and hope to recoup it by selling subscriptions and memberships. And they have VAT to pay on top as well......whereas I don't cos I'm VAT registered. That's a great position to be in.

That being said, all I can do is put a site in place! Whether it stands the test of time is ultimately going to be down to the members! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

I would fancy one of those mini tugs. Help them idjiots park their gin palaces for a fee. Could make for a reasonable retirement operation that would ?

screen-shot-2020-08-25-at-9-33-31-am-159

1a5688479c890e80ec2195ea1dcde15d.jpg

I want to make a joke about you fancying a tug but I’m frightened of the consequences ?

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I want to make a joke about you fancying a tug but I’m frightened of the consequences ?

So am I right in thinking that you're offering to lend a hand Caroline? :classic_unsure:

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looks like Bucksters got a lot of love to give in Bruce’s direction, I’ll leave it with him ?

Can I use a flame thrower?

flame thrower fire GIF