There's no excuse.......

XTreme

......for anybody missing any Ride Reports now!

Because the right hand column on the home page now has a module that automatically updates when a new report is posted!

662358316_Screenshot2021-04-10223739-min.jpg.43035d1dfff350e7584c579c7efbc461.jpg

As you know, I'm really keen on Ride Reports! Because it demonstrates that despite being a low rent, low class, uncouth forum where everybody talks complete shit.......we do actually ride!

You may well be surprised to know that there are some forums out there where the members appear to be unable to create ride reports! So do those people actually ride? Who knows!

I'm sure we don't want to look like that....so now, even the casual observers who are browsing can see what we're all about!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tym said:

I see the Doctor on Monday i get good news or bad news. I feel ok so it must be bad news. ?

What would be good and what would be bad Tym?

Good is he says i can operate motor vehicles and lift more than a few pounds.

I only had one pack abs going in, and they cut through those to get inside.

I have gained weight to 130, thats pretty good.

if i can at least ride the Tomos.

That would be something

to hope for.

:classic_unsure:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tym said:

Good is he says i can operate motor vehicles and lift more than a few pounds.

I only had one pack abs going in, and they cut through those to get inside.

I have gained weight to 130, thats pretty good.

if i can at least ride the Tomos.

That would be something

to hope for.

No chance for the other bikes in the next few months? 

If you start eating and feeling stronger, that's got to be good?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

I rode to Tesco yesterday, does that count?

I realise that may be considered a ride report in other places Dave......but we do require words and photos here!

You can't risk getting saddled with the label of Internet Bullshitter can you? 

1 hour ago, Tym said:

I see the Doctor on Monday i get good news or bad news. I feel ok so it must be bad news. ?

Well hoping it is good news for @Tym, good luck on Monday.????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tym said:

Thanks! As Dr Peggy used to say "It hasnt killed you yet."

That’s good let’s not have it kill you for a long time.?

1 hour ago, Swagman said:

That’s good let’s not have it kill you for a long time.?

Thats not a universal sentiment you might be shocked to know. ?

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Pedro said:

No chance for the other bikes in the next few months? 

If you start eating and feeling stronger, that's got to be good?

I dont know about the other bikes yet....i;ll eat if i have to im not a big fan of gaining weight. 130 is a good number.

I can't help noticing that the only Ride Report from those members who came in from another forum has come from @Richzx6r.

Let me explain the problem here.......It's going to look like a bunch of Casuals have followed me here from the other place......and that's not going to help my street cred! I need every bit I can get at my age!

But before you think you're being singled out (you're not......things don't work that way on this forum).....we also haven't seen one yet from @Buckster! Who's been here a year!

The newer members have been here 3 months, but it's also been Winter, plus Covid restrictions have been in place! So there are mitigating circumstances!

So if the newer members do get labelled as Casuals, I think we need to acknowledge that Buck is truly "The King of the Casuals".

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

And @Six30......I'm waiting for one from you in particular! You need to show you've got more strings to your bow than just being a Forum Troll!

kramer GIF

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I can't help noticing that the only Ride Report from those members who came in from another forum has come from @Richzx6r.

Let me explain the problem here.......It's going to look like a bunch of Casuals have followed me here from the other place......and that's not going to help my street cred! I need every bit I can get at my age!

But before you think you're being singled out (you're not......things don't work that way on this forum).....we also haven't seen one yet from @Buckster! Who's been here a year!

The newer members have been here 3 months, but it's also been Winter, plus Covid restrictions have been in place! So there are mitigating circumstances!

So if the newer members do get labelled as Casuals, I think we need to acknowledge that Buck is truly "The King of the Casuals".

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

And @Six30......I'm waiting for one from you in particular! You need to show you've got more strings to your bow than just being a Forum Troll!

kramer GIF

you'll have a long wait then... i dont go out and feel the need i have to prove i've been out by posting pics on the internet... dont get me wrong i have done , when i remember i'll get phone out a take a pic .... surely you remember that epic report with pics i done few months back , took months of planning and weeks for me to recover ... any way

200 (2).gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Six30 said:

you'll have a long wait then... i dont go out and feel the need i have to prove i've been out by posting pics on the internet

Now this is where you miss the point of this forum, and others like it.

It's called Adventure Motorcycles! Now that doesn't mean it's only for guys with GS's, KTM's etc.......and neither does it mean it's offroad based.

It's for people who go out on the bike and ride, who travel (long or short distance), visit places, and do things. And when possible, record what they do be it in pics or vids. 

Because in the future those things will bring back the memories. And there could be a time when that's all we'll have left. In the short term it's great for others to see the environment that other members live in.

It's not some new concept.....some of us have been doing it for years. But of course it's so much easier now with modern technology.

Well to me, memories like this from Summer 78 are priceless.

FILE60154.JPG.2de7de2aad3ddb233fc1c8d802397010.JPG

Especially as I haven't been able to find him since 2004. I don't even know if he's still alive!

Things like this are all I have left now.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well to me, memories like this from Summer 78 are priceless.

FILE60154.JPG.2de7de2aad3ddb233fc1c8d802397010.JPG

Especially as I haven't been able to find him since 2004. I don't even know if he's still alive!

Things like this are all I have left now.

ride reports to lost children ....

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

ride reports to lost children ....

No.....I'm talking about taking pics in general within the context of motorcycling.

Have you ever visited AdvRider? Amazing resource for travelling and touring etc.

We are still on lockdown, Scotland basically shut down over a year ago and hasn’t opened up again. The SNP (Scottish Nazi Party) have got drunk on the power trip.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

We are still on lockdown, Scotland basically shut down over a year ago and hasn’t opened up again. The SNP (Scottish Nazi Party) have got drunk on the power trip.

Shit! As bad as that?

Just now, Buckster said:

The SNP (Scottish Nazi Party) have got drunk on the power trip.

Sadly that is a tendency on even the most moderate of parties in the most moderate of countries. Power corrupts, and giving it back is a bitch regardless of how it is obtained.

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

Shit! As bad as that?

They banned any sort of church gathering for months until it was legally challenged. I know that doesn’t affect a lot of people, but you have to think about it for a moment to realise that they see no boundaries to their authority. We have a new hate crime bill now that helps protect people from themselves and is ripe for government to use to victimise anyone telling a truth that does not fit with their preferred version.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1