Your Day Today!

XTreme

20 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

The thing probably seen a few wheelies in its life...typical wheelies machine...

didn't buy it off @busabeast

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Buckster said:

North Berwick is still beautiful and my bike looks excellent.

one part of that sentence is true.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

He would be too short to get on it.

I'm 5'9 so not too short for most bikes, id probably struggle with enduro bikes though

• Like 1

Just now, busabeast said:

I'm 5'9 so not too short for most bikes, id probably struggle with enduro bikes though

When did you grow 4 inches?

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, busabeast said:

tumblr_mrecwuspfW1qedb29o1_500.gif

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, busabeast said:

The same time you lost 20 stone New York Knicks No GIF by NBA

So you’re still 5’5”, doesn’t that feel better?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I'm not pete.... give me some credit

You are officially the forum short arse now.

• Haha 6

Feels strange to not see some thought provoking possibly acidic posts from Pete here this morning as he invariably kicked the week off and got everyone posting. It occurred to me that we have lost one of the old guard, we have seen a lot of this over the years in the motorcycle scene, some from natural causes, some bike accidents, other more tragic events like Chopstick Jim. It is the consequence of getting older that you see people pass on. In Pete’s case he will be missed because quite simply he was a giant in the online motorcycle scene, he had a unique way of bringing people together online. Unlike just about everyone else who runs forums, Pete never took himself too seriously, he was as fair game for piss taking as anyone else. I’m half expecting to find he has been interned in a crypt built in the shape of a Shad top box and still slightly smaller than the one fitted to his bike. 

The internet seems a little quieter this morning and the world feels a little emptier.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Feels strange to not see some thought provoking possibly acidic posts from Pete here this morning as he invariably kicked the week off and got everyone posting. It occurred to me that we have lost one of the old guard, we have seen a lot of this over the years in the motorcycle scene, some from natural causes, some bike accidents, other more tragic events like Chopstick Jim. It is the consequence of getting older that you see people pass on. I Pete’s case he will be missed because quite simply he was a giant in the line motorcycle scene, he had a unique way of bringing people together online. Unlike just about everyone else who runs forums, Pete never took himself too seriously, he was as fair game for piss taking as anyone else. I’m half expecting to find he has been interned in a crypt built in the shape of a Shad top box and still slightly smaller than the one fitted to his bike. 

The internet seems a little quieter this morning and the world feels a little emptier.

it does , he was definitely a one off and a character ... i will miss him for sure which sounds strange as i never met the man....  i would imagine he would of been the same in real life as he was on here... and i reckon when he called me an annoying cunt there was a little bit of affection there ( well , thats what i like to think )

• Like 6

Yep, there sure is something missing.

I got to thinking about when I first came across him, it was Maximum Bikes and I had my XT660X and Kwaka Z9r so about 2007, it's been quite a while.

• Like 5

Surreal feeling this morning...still expecting him to post something...

We've  never met but we had a phone conversation many years ago...he seemed like a swell fellow and i would have made and effort to meet up with him for a bike ride if I didn't live a half world away..

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

if I didn't live a half world away..

That’s the only reason we like you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Feels strange to not see some thought provoking possibly acidic posts from Pete here this morning as he invariably kicked the week off and got everyone posting. It occurred to me that we have lost one of the old guard, we have seen a lot of this over the years in the motorcycle scene, some from natural causes, some bike accidents, other more tragic events like Chopstick Jim. It is the consequence of getting older that you see people pass on. I Pete’s case he will be missed because quite simply he was a giant in the line motorcycle scene, he had a unique way of bringing people together online. Unlike just about everyone else who runs forums, Pete never took himself too seriously, he was as fair game for piss taking as anyone else. I’m half expecting to find he has been interned in a crypt built in the shape of a Shad top box and still slightly smaller than the one fitted to his bike. 

It's nearly 11:30 on Monday morning and I've not been exposed to some abandoned shit yet! There's definitely a void been left! 

• Like 5

Well, they got what they voted for, didn't they? How are you liking brexit now?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Well, they got what they voted for, didn't they? How are you liking brexit now?

I did not vote for it 👍 .........but on a day to day basis it does not effect me much.

• Like 3

Just now, Clive said:

I did not vote for it 👍 .........but on a day to day basis it does not effect me much.

It was a joke, Clive. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It was a joke, Clive. 

Sorry...... it went over my (bald) head, to be expected though, as I don't get out very much. 😂 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Pedro said:

@Buckster, @boboneleg, are you guys able to change the forum BOTM picture?

There might be a rule or two waved in May's BOTM. 

yeh put my xt there instread , thanks pedro appreciated

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

yeh put my xt there instread , thanks pedro appreciated

The bar end mirrors!

• Haha 3