Your Day Today!

XTreme

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

bet you wished you been offered some overtime on that day

I was on a salary in those days..... 😔 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

Did a silly thing today and married my long term partner and mother of our 3 kids.

Just those 3 with their partners and 2 grand children. 
It pissed down as we made from the parked cars to Norwich castle which added some more fun to it all.😄

You just squeeze that in on this thread like you've having cheese toasts and mimosas for brunch? 

Congratulations!

• Haha 5

Just now, Clive said:

Who won the footy @Pedro ? ☺ 

FCPorto.

I'm not a football guy but I'm local to Porto, and on a match against a team from Lisbon I am for us northerners. To see Pinto da Costa weeping as he's just left the position of president after 42 years in it, and the coach Sérgio Conceição also with tears in his eyes, being an ex player and hardcore "Porto", probably also coaching his last match in the club, I have to admit it was moving.

image.png.a492463da4d666cbd7d32a2f15980c0e.png

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Did a silly thing today and married my long term partner and mother of our 3 kids.

It pissed down as we made from the parked cars to Norwich castle which added some more fun to it all.😄

Congratulations mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I'm a half inch taller than you...just to be clear...

Your problem isn't your height it's what's between your ears 🤣

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Excellent, Congratulations.  🙂👍

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pedro said:

You just squeeze that in on this thread like you've having cheese toasts and mimosas for brunch?

Didn't want anything big and expensive, got far better things to throw money at and lets face it, it's just a bit of paper that we haven't needed for the last 35 years anyway.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Didn't want anything big and expensive, got far better things to throw money at and lets face it, it's just a bit of paper that we haven't needed for the last 35 years anyway.

So when are you selling the bikes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Didn't want anything big and expensive

That's very considerate, you were worried we'd all start sending gifts?

• Haha 5

Sorry i have to disagree I don't think of it as some bit of paper it shows a sign of commitment to each other and has legal protections for both of you things you never know about until you need to.

I had two friends that used to say it's only a bit of paper to me and the wife and they would mention it regular when we were out making it sound like me and the wife had wasted our time getting married and there was no point in this day and age which did piss me off. They were together for 15 years but he died and left no will so the house that she had paid into for 15 years along with his van was in his name and all went to his son who after about a year kicked her out of what should have been her home. I haven't the heart to say to her still think it's not worth getting married every time i see her now.
As for the keeping the expense down i totally agree i see couples spending thousands on a wedding and starting off in life with a huge debt to pay off and end up divorced two years later.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Sorry i have to disagree I don't think of it as some bit of paper it shows a sign of commitment to each other and has legal protections for both of you things you never know about until you need to.

I had two friends that used to say it's only a bit of paper to me and the wife and they would mention it regular when we were out making it sound like me and the wife had wasted our time getting married and there was no point in this day and age which did piss me off. They were together for 15 years but he died and left no will so the house that she had paid into for 15 years along with his van was in his name and all went to his son who after about a year kicked her out of what should have been her home. I haven't the heart to say to her still think it's not worth getting married every time i see her now.
As for the keeping the expense down i totally agree i see couples spending thousands on a wedding and starting off in life with a huge debt to pay off and end up divorced two years later.

Agreed. It's never worse it until something bad and unplanned happens.

As another note, Europe sees unmarried couples as having legitimacy and rights and we get used to that. But if something bad happens in some other parts of the world, suddenly that is not the case and suddenly you're both two people with no connection to each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

or make sure you make a will

Sassy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It was Pete's job to post this stuff, I'll do it:

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2024/05/25/124203/mallorca-tourism-britons-arrested-palma-airport-for-not-paying-hotel-bill.html

The old "I'll just go to the ATM" runner :classic_laugh:

Andy Samberg GIF

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Buckster said:

So when are you selling the bikes?

You forget she likes bikes and has one of her own.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

You forget she likes bikes and has one of her own.

So you are saying she hasn't told you yet, okay I understand. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The legal side is def one of the reasons we took the plunge.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

or make sure you make a will

Sassy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

That's the obvious thing to do but some never get around to or it or keep putting it off to tomorrow and then before you know it it's too late.

• Like 2

The legal side is def one of the reasons we took the plunge.

Plus the Marriage Allowance which you now qualify for that you could have been having for the last 35 year :littleguy:

• Like 2

I had a little run on the dog this afternoon to bed the new chain and sprockets in. Only a short run the bikes ODO says 82 miles but the GPS tracked route says 71 miles i must sort that speedo out lol. I was following rain all afternoon luckily nothing fell on me. 
Some photos
IMG_2452.thumb.JPG.cce31ddcc64ce1ece2d276cba6102296.JPG

IMG_2458.thumb.JPG.05b06ea2970f8d08ce46bc655df8b105.JPG

IMG_2461.thumb.JPG.35a90db39f7e56ed578f7636e60480a4.JPG

IMG_2467.thumb.JPG.51344759796580a3c069dbca84740d3c.JPG

• Like 4

carl fredricksen chill GIF by Disney Pixar

Not moved (apart from going to the lav 😂) today, Asda tomorrow!...Whoo Hooo!..... i am still walking like a 

nat geo penguin GIF by National Geographic Channel

• Haha 2