Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I would be taking my indian for sure...but your still a young man ..unlike me..lol.

I'm 8 years old than you 😆. I don't  often act like it though.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, YamaHead said:

76F is bliss temps!....Been in the upper 90'sF to just over 100F here for the last week....HOT! Gonna be in that range till @ least the end of the month. Got a buddy from HS that now resides in Helena MT....he & his wife have been evacuated from their place due to wildfires in that area.

We live at 10,000' so 75F is about as warm as it ever gets. Was at my shop in Denver this week - 101F. It's great up here in the summer but it can suck in the winter.

Next week's ride onto Utah will be hot - well over 100F there

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Earache said:

We live at 10,000'

That's what I was thinking....that you reside @ alot higher elevation than most....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Jesus , that's half of USA and bloody Canada, I don't think my old bones would manage that 

Come On No GIF by BasketsFX

Well fuck - now that you put it that way, it does sound like a long haul.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I would be taking my indian for sure...but your still a young man ..unlike me..lol.

Be gentle with him.

28 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Found Mawsleys Road 

IMG_3654.jpeg

Isn’t that what you have tattooed on your butt, except only one N and it says full access to Corinthian sports club 😂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Anyone can ride it on roads , go and find some lanes you big Gayer 

Disappear Episode 1 GIF by UFC

Don’t want to get it dirty

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Anyone can ride it on roads , go and find some lanes you big Gayer 

Disappear Episode 1 GIF by UFC

The van is just out of shot.

• Like 1

& now for the Wheeled hardware....

An L-29 Cord...that's actually FWD

JosephFlyIn24003.thumb.jpg.88de391983a9bc201bbb6a0517311de4.jpg

Early 30's Packard Phaeton....so clean you could eat off of it...

JosephFlyIn24025.thumb.jpg.8393a362bbdc48ea457a97bdef00b8ad.jpg

JosephFlyIn24028.thumb.jpg.c1f957fefdd0399435182e58d3779e30.jpg

JosephFlyIn24026.thumb.jpg.cde211649d674505c22b3455daaa9097.jpg

JosephFlyIn24023.thumb.jpg.0ceca56a75ef9a9cfdfde91d044d57f4.jpg

JosephFlyIn24024.thumb.jpg.6b5e6d5dc50062120956f0179debcea8.jpg

Man, I'd love to own this Truck!...

JosephFlyIn24027.thumb.jpg.dc837147b88500b45a7346d2d0344625.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, YamaHead said:

Man, I'd love to own this Truck!...

Hell yeah brother, hee haw!

• Like 1

Well yesterday started  fantastically with an early run home from work down the A30 across Bodmin Moor.  Stunning beautiful scenery, fresh morning with my Hornet carving it up in light traffic.  No heroics just bimbling along in the 70/80 mph range with an occasional spurt quicker to get past traffic. My idea of heaven on two wheels.  The sound that bike makes doing that sort of thing is addictive even on the standard pipe.   
Anyway stopped in Bodmin to get the dog his favourite biscuits then home as happy as you can be after a night shift.  
Put the bike away in its tent thing, had a drink and chat with my Mrs then went to bed.  
Next thing I know my youngest was shaking me awake to tell me the bike has fallen over.  Fuck, out of bed and dressed to get out side to see the Hornet has gone over on its side inside the tent thing and to top it off was lying against my car.  By this time I was totally pissed off and even though I managed to get inside the tent with the bike I couldn’t get an angle to try and lift it.    I didn’t want to try and fail and let the bike drop against my car again and cause more damage.  
Luckily for me my best mate is a freakishly strong bull of a man who I used to play rugby with.  So I rung him, he lives in the street next to mine and he came over. Between us we lifted the bike back up, with him outside the tent and me inside. 
Now the damage. I had been very lucky really as the Hornet only had a minor scuff on the rear plastics below the seat.   The SW Motech pannier frames saved the day at the back.  The front was unmarked aside from my new bar end mirror.   FFS 

IMG_2876.thumb.jpeg.652afc7ad9ddfa72e6005e60834b2d70.jpeg

My car has a small car park ding sized dent in the passenger door. No big deal but just enough to piss me off.   Anyway ordered another set of the same mirrors from Amazon so it should be all fixed by tonight.  The bike tent thing is a bit twisted but still fully functional. 
As far as I could tell I think I had not put side stand down fully and the bike has just rolled off it.  So fucking annoying but shit happens. I think what freaked me out is that I could not get the Hornet back up on my own.  Luckily my mate helped.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Well yesterday started  fantastically with an early run home from work down the A30 across Bodmin Moor.  Stunning beautiful scenery, fresh morning with my Hornet carving it up in light traffic.  No heroics just bimbling along in the 70/80 mph range with an occasional spurt quicker to get past traffic. My idea of heaven on two wheels.  The sound that bike makes doing that sort of thing is addictive even on the standard pipe.   
Anyway stopped in Bodmin to get the dog his favourite biscuits then home as happy as you can be after a night shift.  
Put the bike away in its tent thing, had a drink and chat with my Mrs then went to bed.  
Next thing I know my youngest was shaking me awake to tell me the bike has fallen over.  Fuck, out of bed and dressed to get out side to see the Hornet has gone over on its side inside the tent thing and to top it off was lying against my car.  By this time I was totally pissed off and even though I managed to get inside the tent with the bike I couldn’t get an angle to try and lift it.    I didn’t want to try and fail and let the bike drop against my car again and cause more damage.  
Luckily for me my best mate is a freakishly strong bull of a man who I used to play rugby with.  So I rung him, he lives in the street next to mine and he came over. Between us we lifted the bike back up, with him outside the tent and me inside. 
Now the damage. I had been very lucky really as the Hornet only had a minor scuff on the rear plastics below the seat.   The SW Motech pannier frames saved the day at the back.  The front was unmarked aside from my new bar end mirror.   FFS 

My car has a small car park ding sized dent in the passenger door. No big deal but just enough to piss me off.   Anyway ordered another set of the same mirrors from Amazon so it should be all fixed by tonight.  The bike tent thing is a bit twisted but still fully functional. 
As far as I could tell I think I had not put side stand down fully and the bike has just rolled off it.  So fucking annoying but shit happens. I think what freaked me out is that I could not get the Hornet back up on my own.  Luckily my mate helped.  

Fucking bikes, pain in the arse they are. That will annoy you all week now, you will need to buy a reassuringly expensive bike accessory now to get past it.

• Haha 4

JosephFlyIn24 027.jpg

That’s a proper serial killer truck, if you had that you would need to roam the remote highways running down hitchhikers.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Buckster said:

JosephFlyIn24 027.jpg
That’s a proper serial killer truck, if you had that you would need to roam the remote highways running down hitchhikers.

I'm OK with that....but hitchhikers would NOT be my target....it'd be the fruit-looped homeless scumbags that I'd have in my sights. Fortunately, we don't see too many of those over in this corner of the state....so, that's me dodging another bullet.😄

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Saul said:

It's a pretty obvious thing to state now but you should always leave a bike in gear if it's on the side stand .  Don't ask me how I know that .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It's a pretty obvious thing to state now but you should always leave a bike in gear if it's on the side stand .  Don't ask me how I know that .

I know that mate but fuzzy head after working all night lead to the error.  😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I never leave my bike in gear ( & only have a  side stand)  I wonder if I should be learning from other people mistakes...? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14th July  National holiday and party day here today. village BBQ and music in the square last night followed by HUGE firework display in Auxerre at 23h00.  I was out on me bike all afternoon yesterday and another couple of hours today. first time in what seems like ages that we've had decent weather for riding.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MooN said:

I never leave my bike in gear ( & only have a  side stand)  I wonder if I should be learning from other people mistakes...? 

I think sporty road bikes are worse as they don’t lean so much into the stand as big trail bikes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I tried to start my old TDM outside my brother in laws in gear. Only just managed to keep it upright. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2