Your Day Today!

XTreme

12 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had to look twice at that, thought it was Yoshi and he has a Gas Gas 700 but i think he is still riding around the Alps 

It’s the Mitas tyres rep own bike , he’s had it lowered. Even I could ride it, Tony’s standard bike is much too tall for me .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

Same as the dinner meal, you’re clearly doing bike nights wrong as it’s still daytime!

It was Nearly 9.00pm Pedro 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

IMG_6288copy.thumb.jpg.b1ecc5f5703853137eff88279bb97ff9.jpg

IMG_6289copy.thumb.jpg.5230b5ff14699895b1aa518e910c2197.jpg

I found a repair kit on wemoto but it has a push rod with it so will need a different lever. And they do supply a non gen lever, not sure it'll fit their repair kit though.

11.9mm bore.

I’m not in work until Monday but I’ll have a look then 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I’m not in work until Monday but I’ll have a look then 👍

Cheers Bob. I'll contact the owner see if he wants to go for the wemoto option. The more I look the more it looks like it'll go together.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

It’s the Mitas tyres rep own bike , he’s had it lowered. Even I could ride it, Tony’s standard bike is much too tall for me .

The guy sat next to it looks a bit like like how Yoshi looks now. but i realised it wasn't him when i seen how clean the bike is. The only time Yoshi's bike was that clean was when he bought it don't think he's washed it since lol

17 hours ago, Pedro said:

Was that Yoshi the japanese dude who rode a CRF 1000 like yours from Japan to here? 

No he's an ex enduro and desert racer, older and slower now but still getting out there these newspaper articles on him made me chuckle :classic_laugh:

image.png.1955c11f0ef6f28500552d759d5413aa.png

image.png.8b94d8e0000b5f6bf93eab3769939aaf.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The guy sat next to it looks a bit like like how Yoshi looks now. but i realised it wasn't him when i seen how clean the bike is. The only time Yoshi's bike was that clean was when he bought it don't think he's washed it since lol

That's Ian Sinclair, his son Alex races our bikes (and others) , he was there as well.  I still remember Yoshi having long hair :classic_laugh:

https://roadracingnews.co.uk/scarborough-chat-fox-classic-racings-alex-sinclair/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Cheers Bob. I'll contact the owner see if he wants to go for the wemoto option. The more I look the more it looks like it'll go together.

Text him and got him to hang on to see if you come up with an option as it's only going to keep him waiting for a few days.
Although I've found the prob, amazing what you can see when I get my reading glasses out.

IMG_6298 copy.jpg

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Text him and got him to hang on to see if you come up with an option as it's only going to keep him waiting for a few days.
Although I've found the prob, amazing what you can see when I get my reading glasses out.

IMG_6298 copy.jpg

You've got me Dave , what's wrong there ?  is there a spacer/bush missing ?

I had the dog MOT'd this morning think i'm going to have to find a new place to get it done he put an advisory on it because the number plate lights were not working cheeky fucker :classic_laugh: From there i headed over the Rhigos mountain to look at one of the lanes in Merthyr, someone reported it has been washed out so wanted to see what could be done to repair it. 
It wasn't looking any different to the last time i was here but was definitely going to disappear this winter.

IMG_2861.thumb.JPG.1e248d83b5a6688d692f664918af9b81.JPG

Then i got thinking how heavy is that slab of concrete and picked up a lump of wood to lever it and it moved, so i cut me a longer branch with my trusty saw and set to work on it 

IMG_2863.thumb.JPG.c18892761bd6c0cedc98328c787d7e45.JPG

I levered it around to a better position then started levering it up a bit at a time 

IMG_2864.thumb.JPG.45ae22858ff034c8b8dbb1374d803b94.JPG

At this stage the work was getting a bit hard but i'm a stubborn fucker and refused to be defeated

IMG_2865.thumb.JPG.07727772cb53438d358037137b67c9cd.JPG

With a bit more poking, prying and sweating it was up and overIMG_2866.thumb.JPG.4d0bf008265bc2040a7e2dd9c3d37fda.JPG

That was a job i wasn't planning on doing today i just got caught up in the challenge got to have been over 500KG, I will have to return to backfill it i was too fucked to do any more plus i need a shovel.

IMG_2867.thumb.JPG.251b68051d7d732b066db30b1ef858ae.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had the dog MOT'd this morning think i'm going to have to find a new place to get it done he put an advisory on it because the number plate lights were not working cheeky fucker :classic_laugh: From there i headed over the Rhigos mountain to look at one of the lanes in Merthyr, someone reported it has been washed out so wanted to see what could be done to repair it. 
It wasn't looking any different to the last time i was here but was definitely going to disappear this winter.

IMG_2861.thumb.JPG.1e248d83b5a6688d692f664918af9b81.JPG

Then i got thinking how heavy is that slab of concrete and picked up a lump of wood to lever it and it moved, so i cut me a longer branch with my trusty saw and set to work on it 

IMG_2863.thumb.JPG.c18892761bd6c0cedc98328c787d7e45.JPG

I levered it around to a better position then started levering it up a bit at a time 

IMG_2864.thumb.JPG.45ae22858ff034c8b8dbb1374d803b94.JPG

At this stage the work was getting a bit hard but i'm a stubborn fucker and refused to be defeated

IMG_2865.thumb.JPG.07727772cb53438d358037137b67c9cd.JPG

With a bit more poking, prying and sweating it was up and overIMG_2866.thumb.JPG.4d0bf008265bc2040a7e2dd9c3d37fda.JPG

That was a job i wasn't planning on doing today i just got caught up in the challenge got to have been over 500KG, I will have to return to backfill it i was too fucked to do any more plus i need a shovel.

IMG_2867.thumb.JPG.251b68051d7d732b066db30b1ef858ae.JPG

Cool, proper bit of lane maintenance .  Well done Fred 👍

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had the dog MOT'd this morning think i'm going to have to find a new place to get it done he put an advisory on it because the number plate lights were not working cheeky fucker :classic_laugh:

Try Sandon garage Newport road. They are as good as gold down there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

IMG_6298 copy.jpg

2 holes, pretty sure they shouldn't be there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

That's racist....you sould call them dark berries...

Berries " of color" is more appropriate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Its going to be hot and wet here today, no I am not riding the Harley past the women's convention, Im talking about the weather.

• Like 1