Your Day Today!

XTreme

35 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Changed the white 765 numbers on tank to black …

rugged individualism 

IMG_4030.jpeg

Still looks like a dildo.

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

About the colour....is it a wrap or the actual colour ?

it aint no Sugar Hill Gang !

17 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When i typed it in it came up with this :classic_laugh:

image.png.08bfc90e5efb7e87653f7766701bfd73.png

That's pretty good. 🤣👍

The spring i fitted on the Beta has made a difference over the stock one in a good way, i was happy with the stock spring until a couple of weeks ago when i turned the pre load up on the front spring which got rid of all the deflections i was having on rocky ground and it also ironed out the small bumps on the road making the ride smoother, but it highlighted the rear was doing the same so i thought i'd swap the spring night before last that i kept off the 22 bike, now front and rear compliment each other the ride on the road is a lot smoother and off road it has made a big difference once i tweaked with the damping. It now rides pretty flat over the shallow whoops at a good speed without bottoming out on the start of my mountain track. i'm convinced the 22 bike had duff suspension from the factory because the manual says their the same but they are totally different.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When i typed it in it came up with this :classic_laugh:

image.png.08bfc90e5efb7e87653f7766701bfd73.png

I will confer but that is BOTM material!

• Haha 3

On 15/08/2024 at 21:48, Pedro said:

Make the bike better looking and white, and me fatter, and you’re not wrong. Although I never drink wine out of a bottle!

Like this ? 🤣

Biker1.webp

• Haha 3

Been out on the Beta all day with my mate Gary we were out 12hours i changed the oil yesterday and zeroed the hour meter when i looked at it after getting home tonight it said the bike had done 5 hours, so that's 5 hours riding and 7 hours talking WTF :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I just got back from having my first ever motorcycle MOT in 30 years.  

talk about fucking money for nothing. 50€ ( that's two full tanks of fuel) for 15 minutes, during which tme, apart from the pollution control, the bloke chaecked exactly what I check every time before I ride, tyre pressures, lights, indicators, brake function, chain lube and tension, + visul check of genreal state.  he could obviously fine nothing wrong with any of it, but couldn't resist the comment, tyre pressures were down by 100g (that' about 0.001bar) and that he found the chain a bit tight.  

I managed to refrain from punching him in the face and telling him to fuck off, and suggested that as i had last checked the tyre pressures yesterday afternoon when the ambient temp was 38° and that it was curently only 14° that that was perfectly normal, not to mention any discrepency between manometers... The chain tension IS a little over tight because the machine runs better that way when not loaded and that I prefer it like that and have always done so. 

I have never yet found an mot controller who did not find it neccessary to try and justify their fee by making spurious comments on details that have no bearing on the result of the test.

Still, next one in 3 years, by which time I expect they will have changed the rules to include a rolling road test for horse power, a sonometer test, and probably reflectivity of number plate or some other crackpot scheme that will have absolutely no impact other than financial ( cos they'l be able to justify the price increase by the cost of the equippement) on any law abiding rider and even less on the criminal element who didn't obey the previous rules and wil simply ignore any new one s and not pay for an mot. 

Wankers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MooN said:

I just got back from having my first ever motorcycle MOT in 30 years.  

talk about fucking money for nothing. 50€ ( that's two full tanks of fuel) for 15 minutes, during which tme, apart from the pollution control, the bloke chaecked exactly what I check every time before I ride, tyre pressures, lights, indicators, brake function, chain lube and tension, + visul check of genreal state.  he could obviously fine nothing wrong with any of it, but couldn't resist the comment, tyre pressures were down by 100g (that' about 0.001bar) and that he found the chain a bit tight.  

I managed to refrain from punching him in the face and telling him to fuck off, and suggested that as i had last checked the tyre pressures yesterday afternoon when the ambient temp was 38° and that it was curently only 14° that that was perfectly normal, not to mention any discrepency between manometers... The chain tension IS a little over tight because the machine runs better that way when not loaded and that I prefer it like that and have always done so. 

I have never yet found an mot controller who did not find it neccessary to try and justify their fee by making spurious comments on details that have no bearing on the result of the test.

Still, next one in 3 years, by which time I expect they will have changed the rules to include a rolling road test for horse power, a sonometer test, and probably reflectivity of number plate or some other crackpot scheme that will have absolutely no impact other than financial ( cos they'l be able to justify the price increase by the cost of the equippement) on any law abiding rider and even less on the criminal element who didn't obey the previous rules and wil simply ignore any new one s and not pay for an mot. 

Wankers. 

I can get my bike mot done on the phone.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I can get my bike mot done on the phone.

never needed one till this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MooN said:

never needed one till this year.

Well you need to please your EU overlords.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Well you need to please your EU overlords.

I think the French were the last remaining EU country to not have an mot equivalent. Not because they were any stronger willed or more resistant than te others but cos they couldn't organise a gang bang in a brothel. they only managed the olympics by shutting down the whole fucking country and having no gouvernement in place while it went on.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MooN said:

I think the French were the last remaining EU country to not have an mot equivalent. Not because they were any stronger willed or more resistant than te others but cos they couldn't organise a gang bang in a brothel. they only managed the olympics by shutting down the whole fucking country and having no gouvernement in place while it went on.  

We still don’t, at least until next year. They’ve been delaying it yearly for the last few years.

• Like 2

My brother will be in Romania for a few days, and my dad is having some issues with his stair platform lift so I’ll be riding north today. Also good to take my bike for a service on monday, and get it ready for the trip in a few days.

It’ll be a motorway ride today, but still nice since finally the weather is not very warm.

• Like 1

I drove the grils to Paris for a concert last night. What a nightmare place to dive, eben if you know where you're going. The concert wa sat the salle "Pleyel" which is only a few hundred yards from the place de l'étoile (Arc de Triomphe) so I knew I had to be on my game, driving wise.  The Place de l'Etoile, for those who have never had the pleasure,  Is a big roundabout, it has 11 roads coming on and off and as many lanes on the actual roundabout as you can fit cars into cos there's no markings on the road surface ( which is cobbled, by the way, so real fun in the wet...) ans it is "priority to the right. This means that vehicles coming ONTO the roandabout have right of way. Parisiens know this, but as about 40% of vehicles there at any one time are not parisien, or even French, this adds an interesting dimension to the circus.... It is, I would argue, one of Frances finest examples of fuckwittery.  

On the way home, having succesfully negotiated the clusterfuck that is the Place de l'Etoile for a second time and mad it as faroutas the peripherique I discovered that the outer ring (the one I needed to use) was closed. No signs, no warning, no deviation signs, nothing. Just a line of cones acroos the entrance ramp with a signsayng "peripherique exterieur fermé"  and 8 million cars tring trying to  figure out WTF do do now. Obviously any gps is useless because they all systematically send you onto the peripherique.  I ended up navigating through the parisien suburbs at 1 in the morning by compass FFS! untill I found a link through to  the the A6. 

Also, Paris sticks of piss.

• Haha 5