Your Day Today!

XTreme

@boboneleg I did not know the oldest Methodist meeting place is smack bang in the centre of Bristol???!

How does a place that big disappear in the centre of the shops?

World in Bristol for over 20 years so I find that unbelievable. 

A 'library' of 9000 books of the methodist religion and a room of worship replete with benches dating from the 1700's tucked behind Boots chemist?!!

Crazy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@boboneleg I did not know the oldest Methodist meeting place is smack bang in the centre of Bristol???!

How does a place that big disappear in the centre of the shops?

World in Bristol for over 20 years so I find that unbelievable. 

A 'library' of 9000 books of the methodist religion and a room of worship replete with benches dating from the 1700's tucked behind Boots chemist?!!

Crazy!

Yep, you use to be able to get a nice cup of tea in the chapel. 

In other news John Wesley used to preach at Hanham Mount just up the road from me and you use John Wesley Road to get down to the road where I live

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wesley

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

In other news John Wesley used to preach at Hanham Mount just up the road from me and you use John Wesley Road to get down to the road where I live

Apparently they still do a nice cup of tea and scone. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Wesley would be horrified to see what the Methodist church has become now.

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What have they become?

Let’s just put it this way, the Methodist church is to Christianity what @Six30 is to motorcycling.

• Haha 2

My day today is trying not to melt and keeping the dogs cool…………just glanced at the outside thermometer and it’s now 34.9 Celsius in the shade at 1117……..Scorchio!!

Playing golf tomorrow and it’s supposed to be even hotter…….fuck walking in that heat so it’s a buggy for me…….hope it’s fast. 🤣

• Haha 4

I'm trying to face up to making some cushion covers from some extremely difficult fabric my son chose. So far I've managed three cups of tea and a long search on Chinese supermarkets round here. 

Did you know there are approx 290,000 brits in Spain and 230,000 Chinese people. And yet the nearest Asian supermarket is 45 minutes away. Unless I venture into Granada which I can't be arsed to do for some noodles 😆

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Let’s just put it this way, the Methodist church is to Christianity what @Six30 is to motorcycling.

They're annoying cunts?

I thought that was Jehovah's Witnesses?

• Haha 2

Sat in the shade 😰 keep moving the chair back.

Parked the car under a Sycamore tree yesterday,  bad move, it covered in sticky sap now, wash the car this evening.

Apart from that, bugger all else to do......boring. 😴 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

They're annoying cunts?

I thought that was Jehovah's Witnesses?

More like pretenders but that's the JW's, Mormons etc. too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I'm trying to face up to making some cushion covers from some extremely difficult fabric my son chose. So far I've managed three cups of tea and a long search on Chinese supermarkets round here. 

Did you know there are approx 290,000 brits in Spain and 230,000 Chinese people. And yet the nearest Asian supermarket is 45 minutes away. Unless I venture into Granada which I can't be arsed to do for some noodles 😆

Any El Corte Ingles near you? You'll find a selection of asian stuff on their supermarkets, usually, as well as good quality pasta and specialty fruits and stuff you usually don't find in more local budget supermarkets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buckster said:

They go to church in a van ?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Fuck that … I’d be topless on a beach. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Where's the "it has to go, lost faith in it, needs to be 100% reliable" speech about the Picarshole then? 😆

They can't find anything wrong with it!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Grim scenes from the garden centre in Caniles today!

20230616_111441-min.jpg.aa0f17d903cf9556498813324b91e396.jpg

20230616_111503-min.jpg.6f158c56d637c1434273650c63b9d168.jpg

@Six30 would fuck them! So would @Marcel.......but he'd fall for them as well and then disappear for 15 years!

20230616_111845-min.jpg.ad54979c129de46b7e43189ed895547b.jpg

Left @Buckster out of that cause they left infant school to long ago 

• Haha 1