Your Day Today!

XTreme

31 minutes ago, Saul said:

Despite checking it my bike has not needed the chain adjusting in the time I have had and 3600 miles.  Like you I do look after it.  

I've seen guys getting 50K kms out of their chains on FB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You sound like a dreamboat 😂

Well children and dogs love me.......and they can always tell.

As an example.......I remember when Fatty first came here in 2016 in the early days of her going out with my boy.

She hadn't shown her true self yet......though we could tell that something wasn't right with her.

She came over to see the animals for the first time, and they had a little Jack Russell there at the time. Very timid little thing but when she got to know you she wouldn't stop fussing you.

Within a few seconds of Fatty walking through the gate Tina just launched herself onto the back of Fatty's ankle and sunk her teeth in!

She had never done it to anybody before, and never ever did it to anybody again.

They can tell!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, XTreme said:

As an example.......I remember when Fatty first came here in 2016 in the early days of her going out with my boy.

She hadn't shown her true self yet......though we could tell that something wasn't right with her.

She came over to see the animals for the first time, and they had a little Jack Russell there at the time. Very timid little thing but when she got to know you she wouldn't stop fussing you.

Within a few seconds of Fatty walking through the gate Tina just launched herself onto the back of Fatty's ankle and sunk her teeth in!

She had never done it to anybody before, and never ever did it to anybody again.

They can tell!

If I've got this straight then, animals "can always tell" and when they detect "lying, bullshitting, and sneaking round.." they're attracted to that? 🤪

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Be better with an engine but you have to make do with what you got it looks cold there in the photos, i wish i could rekindle the flame i used to have with push bikes before i had motorbikes there's so many places to go here with one, i have tried many times over the years but it just didn't work for me

I’d really like an ebike but funds don’t allow at the moment so I’ll just have to keep on sweating 🤣🤣. The picture is deceptive as it’s still 30 Celsius but just cloudy………perfick! 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

The wife put the kybosh on bike changing.......and after 40 years of lying, bullshitting, and sneaking round behind her back I'm all out of ideas!

Grow a pair and you’ll find it easier 🤣🤣

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They can tell!

You trained her well Yoda

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I’d really like an ebike but funds don’t allow at the moment so I’ll just have to keep on sweating 🤣🤣. The picture is deceptive as it’s still 30 Celsius but just cloudy………perfick! 🤣

I've not had a go of one been deliberately avoiding it in case i like it because they are so much money to buy for what they are

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've not had a go of one been deliberately avoiding it in case i like it because they are so much money to buy for what they are

I know it’s mad, some of my mates in the UK have spent over £5k for their bikes, one of them paid closer to £7k……..it’s ridiculous 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I know it’s mad, some of my mates in the UK have spent over £5k for their bikes, one of them paid closer to £7k……..it’s ridiculous 🤣

A friend of mines boss is mad keen on them so for Christmas he gave them all a 5k ebike. He quite liked it and kept it in the hallway of his house, not a shared hallway, the hallway of his detached house. He doesn't lock his front door when he's home and yep you guessed it, someone let themselves in while he was there and nicked it. 

Prat didn't have any house insurance either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Everybody here has become compulsive bike changers!

That was my fucking job!

This is more of a common sense thing, when i first bought it i went through a honeymoon period and put what apparently is a lot of hours on it (138). Now it needs a lot of maintenance i don't want to do but all expected as i did do some research before buying the bike,

if i go by the book i should have changed the following by now

gearbox bearing

piston and rings (twice)

drive shaft bearings

con rod

water pump oil seal

clutch discs 

All easy enough on a two stroke but it's an engine out job and down time with the bike in bits, so the theory is i by a new bike use it less because the novelty has gone and keep it longer and look after it better.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

This is more of a common sense thing, when i first bought it i went through a honeymoon period and put what apparently is a lot of hours on it (138). Now it needs a lot of maintenance i don't want to do but all expected as i did do some research before buying the bike,

if i go by the book i should have changed the following by now

gearbox bearing

piston and rings (twice)

drive shaft bearings

con rod

water pump oil seal

clutch discs 

All easy enough on a two stroke but it's an engine out job and down time with the bike in bits, so the theory is i by a new bike use it less because the novelty has gone and keep it longer and look after it better.

I think the point when you spend more time fixing something than using it (unless you really really love it) is the time to say farewell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think the point when you spend more time fixing something than using it (unless you really really love it) is the time to say farewell. 

I haven't done anything to it yet only ride destroy and service it. I'm just looking at whats going to need doing in the not to distant future, if i had all the parts here i could easily strip, replace and and rebuild it over a weekend just don't want to, can you tell i'm still trying to convince myself to change it LOL

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

..if i had all the parts here i could easily strip, replace and and rebuild it over a weekend..

More like trying to convince yourself not to change it 😆

If you don't want to do the work, you don't want to do it and that's ok isn't it? One of the curses of being a practical person who can do things is you think you should. 

The number of jobs I do myself because I can but don't really want to is ridiculous. It's a disease my parents gave me I'm trying to rid myself of.. and failing lol.

If I hand over a job to someone else that I can do myself I A) Feel guilty cos I should be doing it B) Am often not that happy with their half arsed effort and C) Feel I've wasted money paying someone to do something I can do. Daft really. 

If you don't want to do it then fuck it, don't do it, life's too short. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

More like trying to convince yourself not to change it 😆

If you don't want to do the work, you don't want to do it and that's ok isn't it? One of the curses of being a practical person who can do things is you think you should. 

The number of jobs I do myself because I can but don't really want to is ridiculous. It's a disease my parents gave me I'm trying to rid myself of.. and failing lol.

If I hand over a job to someone else that I can do myself I A) Feel guilty cos I should be doing it B) Am often not that happy with their half arsed effort and C) Feel I've wasted money paying someone to do something I can do. Daft really. 

If you don't want to do it then fuck it, don't do it, life's too short. 

I just find i hard to part with stuff the induction heater that blew up the other day took me over a week to throw in the bin after failing to repair it and even then i stripped it of bits i think i might need in the future, if it was a sickness i would have been on life support most of my life :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I just find i hard to part with stuff the induction heater that blew up the other day took me over a week to throw in the bin after failing to repair it and even then i stripped it of bits i think i might need in the future, if it was a sickness i would have been on life support most of my life :classic_laugh:

Should be able to get a prescription for it on the NHS 😆

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I have that affliction.  Inherited from my father the crap he kept just in case he needed it.  I am exactly the same.   😳

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If I've got this straight then, animals "can always tell" and when they detect "lying, bullshitting, and sneaking round.." they're attracted to that? 🤪

They can sense something beneath the lying, bullshitting, and sneaking round.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

I was hoping for a high profile Tory! If not, a Royal!

It’s sadiq Kahn .. revealing he’s head of a grooming gang … they are going to hang the cunt live on tv 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

A friend of mines boss is mad keen on them so for Christmas he gave them all a 5k ebike. He quite liked it and kept it in the hallway of his house, not a shared hallway, the hallway of his detached house. He doesn't lock his front door when he's home and yep you guessed it, someone let themselves in while he was there and nicked it. 

Prat didn't have any house insurance either. 

Idiot. No sympathy for people like that.

• Like 1

I started the stripping it was hard on me really like this bike :classic_sad: just got to keep telling myself the new one will be better.  So far I've removed the oversize tank, rad guards, swing arm protectors, spot lights heated grips, 12v socket outlet, sump guard and mirror. All i have left is the front and rear springs to remove but it is as i want it to take it to the bike shop to get a proper price for the part ex. Everything except the oversize tank will fit the new bike so that will be up for sale so i can put it towards a big tank for the new bike that's the plan anyway.

Now i'm moody as fuck, so moody I've been snoozing anyone on my Facebook page for 30 days that mentions the 20mph speed limit as that's all I've been seeing on there for the last month and it's pissing me off :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I started the stripping it was hard on me really like this bike :classic_sad: just got to keep telling myself the new one will be better.  So far I've removed the oversize tank, rad guards, swing arm protectors, spot lights heated grips, 12v socket outlet, sump guard and mirror. All i have left is the front and rear springs to remove but it is as i want it to take it to the bike shop to get a proper price for the part ex. Everything except the oversize tank will fit the new bike so that will be up for sale so i can put it towards a big tank for the new bike that's the plan anyway.

Now i'm moody as fuck, so moody I've been snoozing anyone on my Facebook page for 30 days that mentions the 20mph speed limit as that's all I've been seeing on there for the last month and it's pissing me off :classic_laugh:

What 20mph speed limit?           😂 

• Haha 4