Your Day Today!

XTreme

46 minutes ago, Buckster said:

They look like they have eaten a hell of a lot of ice cream.

you would

45 minutes ago, Six30 said:

you would

You can’t see their faces, they probably have moustache’s, in which case, you would.

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

You can’t see their faces, they probably have moustache’s, in which case, you would.

Steven Yeun Yes GIF by TIFF

So, I have gotten a rental GS to take to Italy next week. I will be leaving a few days later and making more of a dash to Milan. Probably now not doing any of the mountain passes I wanted to do on the way there since I am not too keen on putting a rental bike offroad, doing that not on my own bike doesn’t have the same appeal.

Am very miffed with it, and am considering buying a second bike in the coming months or year. Would have gotten one now in a hurry, but there’s no way I would have the paperwork done in time for the trip.

• Like 4

Plus, since the gearbox is coming out, the bearings will be replaced and things will be inspected for wear and changed accordingly, and the timing chains will also be inspected and if over half of slack tolerance they’ll be changed too.

Bike should be good for a while after all that, at 122.000 now.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Pedro said:

So, I have gotten a rental GS to take to Italy next week. I will be leaving a few days later and making more of a dash to Milan. Probably now not doing any of the mountain passes I wanted to do on the way there since I am not too keen on putting a rental bike offroad, doing that not on my own bike doesn’t have the same appeal.

Am very miffed with it, and am considering buying a second bike in the coming months or year. Would have gotten one now in a hurry, but there’s no way I would have the paperwork done in time for the trip.

What paperwork do you need?

10 minutes ago, Buckster said:

What paperwork do you need?

I need the title in my name, when you buy a vehicle here you change owner and it takes a week or two before the new title arrives. During that time you have a temporary document, but that is only valid inside Portugal.

I could go with someone else’s bike as long as I had the title in my hands, but when you buy it the previous owner wants the registration changed immediately, obviously.

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I need the title in my name, when you buy a vehicle here you change owner and it takes a week or two before the new title arrives. During that time you have a temporary document, but that is only valid inside Portugal.

I'm surprised you still need that within the EU.

Just now, Buckster said:

I'm surprised you still need that within the EU.

You always need a vehicle’s current registration. While that is being changed the previous document isn’t valid.

Just now, Pedro said:

You always need a vehicle’s current registration. While that is being changed the previous document isn’t valid.

I just assumed your EU overlords would have it all available electronically.

15 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I just assumed your EU overlords would have it all available electronically.

Season 7 Showtime GIF by Billions

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Season 7 Showtime GIF by Billions

Just saying, I don't need to carry mine if I go to England, Wales or Northern Ireland, there would be no point if you go to Wales because they can't read there anyway

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Just saying, I don't need to carry mine if I go to England, Wales or Northern Ireland, there would be no point if you go to Wales because they can't read there anyway

That’s very nice.

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

am considering buying a second bike in the coming months or year. Would have gotten one now in a hurry, but there’s no way I would have the paperwork done in time for the trip.

There's the answer 😎

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

I could go with someone else’s bike as long as I had the title in my hands, but when you buy it the previous owner wants the registration changed immediately, obviously.

where does the temporary paperwork appear from ?

Heat blast is back this weekend....90+F for the next few days. The Misses & I are leaving by lunchtime on Monday for Jubilee lake....just as those temps start to back down.

Managed to get a kwik ride in this morning, before it got stoopid Hot again...

LaborDay24001.thumb.jpg.76617134f740ac376feb27034ce1a03a.jpg

• Like 4

so today i changed the plugs on the busa which actually turned out to be very easy, shops were trying to tell me that it was a 2-2 half hour job but did myself in less than half that and now its running sweet as a nut.

win win id say

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, busabeast said:

so today i changed the plugs on the busa which actually turned out to be very easy, shops were trying to tell me that it was a 2-2 half hour job but did myself in less than half that and now its running sweet as a nut.

win win id say

Nice one Rich 👍

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Six30 said:

where does the temporary paperwork appear from ?

You go to a registry office, or a notary, deliver the old title and a change of property form, and are left with a disused title and a temporary paper. Eventually, within a week or so the new title arrives in the mail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

You go to a registry office, or a notary, deliver the old title and a change of property form, and are left with a disused title and a temporary paper. Eventually, within a week or so the new title arrives in the mail.

You physically have to take it somewhere? Where are you living? 1957?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

You physically have to take it somewhere? Where are you living? 1957?

Physically take the registration paper, not the bike. Anyway, that’s the price I pay to live in a place where people don’t fry candy bars.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Physically take the registration paper, not the bike. Anyway, that’s the price I pay to live in a place where people don’t fry candy bars.

So you are saying you lose twice.