Your Day Today!

XTreme

As planned a trip out on the old mountain bike this morning, covered about 35klms which isn’t a massive distance but about 80% of it was on dirt or gravel tracks and it takes its toll on my old bones!

Set off about 0830 and the weather was ideal as it was cool(ish) and hazy but by the time I’d got home it was 34.5 Celsius in the shade……quite enough thankyou.

Found an old railway station that sits on the Linea Verde close to me, falling apart, covered in graffiti and a bit spooky to be honest……..Pete would’ve loved it. Took a couple of photos for the old twat in case he drops in here to keep an eye on the place! 🤣

Standing at the station and thinking about Pete made me feel a bit sad actually but then I thought he’d probably call me a cockney wanker and it made me grin.

Stopped at the pub before heading home…….because I could. 🤣🍺 

IMG_4547.jpeg

IMG_4549.jpeg

IMG_4550.jpeg

IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4554.jpeg

IMG_4555.png

IMG_4556.png

• Like 10

I need a water jacket seal for the new turbo cartridge, only place I can find one is direct from Mercedes, luckily it is only £1.38, I also found a split crankcase breather hose so will fit that as well, I thought I would need to do some creative plumbing for the vacuum hoses for the wastgate actuator as according to the manual they are routed through the TiK pipe that I am getting rid of but on mine they are completely independent which is a bonus. Will finish it later in the week.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

As planned a trip out on the old mountain bike this morning, covered about 35klms which isn’t a massive distance but about 80% of it was on dirt or gravel tracks and it takes its toll on my old bones!

Set off about 0830 and the weather was ideal as it was cool(ish) and hazy but by the time I’d got home it was 34.5 Celsius in the shade……quite enough thankyou.

Found an old railway station that sits on the Linea Verde close to me, falling apart, covered in graffiti and a bit spooky to be honest……..Pete would’ve loved it. Took a couple of photos for the old twat in case he drops in here to keep an eye on the place! 🤣

Standing at the station and thinking about Pete made me feel a bit sad actually but then I thought he’d probably call me a cockney wanker and it made me grin.

Stopped at the pub before heading home…….because I could. 🤣🍺 

IMG_4547.jpeg

IMG_4549.jpeg

IMG_4550.jpeg

IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4554.jpeg

IMG_4555.png

IMG_4556.png

Nice one Ray, good job the Welsh twat wasn't there anyway as you would have to pay for all the beers :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

On 20/09/2024 at 17:14, Six30 said:

I had a look at those beds, they look the business.  That should be fine for the sort of use I want 👍

@Six30  , have you had your van lined with anything  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I had a look at those beds, they look the business.  That should be fine for the sort of use I want 👍

The tears of his captives.

• Haha 4

I used to have a '67 Chevy van.... I lined it myself w/ insulation & carpet. 90" wheelbase made it easy to park it just about anywhere.

Did plenty of Riding, Camping & Skiing with it....had a 4.8 ltr. IL6 that was bulletproof....Still miss that old Beast. 

Not mine, but looked quite similar....

67Van.jpg.2baafaf231d8035df38e405180deb682.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, YamaHead said:

I used to have a '67 Chevy van.... I lined it myself w/ insulation & carpet. 90" wheelbase made it easy to park it just about anywhere.

Did plenty of Riding, Camping & Skiing with it....had a 4.8 ltr. IL6 that was bulletproof....Still miss that old Beast. 

A 4.8 in a little van must have been great fun 😋

3 hours ago, YamaHead said:

Did you know Scooby Doo?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I had it fully insulated and carpeted , 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Fella came in with this yesterday , won it in a competition, wanted to sell it , 500 miles on it , automatic .

IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4451.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Fella came in with this yesterday , won it in a competition, wanted to sell it , 500 miles on it , automatic .

IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4451.jpeg

Beautiful but a bit out of my budget, are you going to upgrade ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nute said:

A 4.8 in a little van must have been great fun 😋

You know it!.... was an absolute pleasure to work on when it came time for servicing. I had a single car garage @ the time....that was full of Motorcycles, so had to do it all outside in the elements....but was NO problem w/ the motor in between the front seats....just take the lid off the hinged "dogbox" & have full access. I even fit a fresh set of rings & a rebuilt cylinder head all from inside the van. The driveshaft was only 30" long between a 3-speed manual gearbox & a 12 bolt differential rear end. I would take my son skiing for his birthday every Jan. & it was like a rolling locker....just throw all the gear in & GO--👍😎

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Did you know Scooby Doo?

Are you kidding?.....had him on speed-dial...lol

Funny enough, my brother back then looked just like Shaggy....scruffy bastard w/ a Husky dog about the same size as Scoob.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Six30 said:

no , to much for me , WBAC had bid him 33800

Blimey.

Just serviced a mates Mondeo taxi and now I've finished and indoor having lunch the rain has stopped.

• Like 4