Your Day Today!

XTreme

7 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Good luck with tomorrow mate hope all goes well 

Kills me how he is so cool and happy even going through shit, and then we have to leave him to have stuff done when he's scared and not understanding what is happened and why he's being left.

After the first time it happened I make sure to sign everything on arrival. If I do it on exit all the paperwork gets tear smudges ...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Just fitted a new door release cable to an Evoke. Owner now wants me to sort his transit window and fit a new rear light to a merc. Told him next week, he obviously doesn't have work in the rain.

• Like 3

I changed the front lower wishbones on a discovery 4 for a mate today. Nothing seized which made a change but still a fight. Up the him to get the alinement sorted as it drives like a shopping trolly, although they're like that anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Still got some meat on the oldies, any reason for changing?

I reckon they were 2/3rds worn out so probably could have gone on for awhile yet.  Thing is the new pads were only £5.95 delivered and I had it all to bits so thought I might as well change them as wished I had.  You probably know I'm a worrier 🤣    The reason I stripped them was the MoT tester advised they were low but to be honest I think he said it for something to say.  He is one of those look at  it and pass it types, he has a reputation for being a bit laid back.     I have been going there for years as there are not that many places to get a bike MoT done near me.    Plus I like the guy as I said I have been going there for years.   

I reckon the fronts are about half worn so didn't change them yet, I already have the pads for that.   Thanks Fred 😉

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Saul said:

I reckon they were 2/3rds worn out so probably could have gone on for awhile yet.  Thing is the new pads were only £5.95 delivered and I had it all to bits so thought I might as well change them as wished I had.  You probably know I'm a worrier 🤣    The reason I stripped them was the MoT tester advised they were low but to be honest I think he said it for something to say.  He is one of those look at  it and pass it types, he has a reputation for being a bit laid back.     I have been going there for years as there are not that many places to get a bike MoT done near me.    Plus I like the guy as I said I have been going there for years.   

I reckon the fronts are about half worn so didn't change them yet, I already have the pads for that.   Thanks Fred 😉

That's how you ended up with those pads, my boss took his bike in for an MOT and the tester said the pads are looking low so he bought new ones and asked me to change them. When i dropped them out they were around half worn so i put them back in and he sold the bike a few months later the pads didn't fit any of my bikes and had been in my garage ever since. :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently on a train, taking a 3 hour trip to near my place.

Dog is poorly, and experts are evaluating what to do, dad is poorly and slowly decaying, mood is low, bike is broken and now waiting on overnight parts from Japan (Germany, but Japan sounds more Fast and Furious), and I just got the news that I might be getting into talks that will maybe terminate my main source of income in a matter of months.

I might have a wine bottle or two at home waiting for me, I hope :classic_laugh:

• Sad 5

Shadow had a bit of an off the last time we went out and managed to snap off a foot peg.    Fixed it to day for her and added some SW Motech crash bars for her.  

IMG_3466.thumb.jpeg.a6a579d3f603256e334b914ec6de587b.jpeg

461902121_10162544295516833_2928234593857073027_n.jpg.b4a0d3e09904c4d978f7e52bef517c31.jpg

• Like 3