Key or no key ?

boboneleg

My dad's company has had 2 Renault cars since forever, before Megane and Clio with a 1.5 diesel and now two Kadjars with also a small diesel, they're replaced at around 300.000km and never had a problem. 

If used properly, modern french small diesels are reliable engines. A diesel like that shouldn't be bought as an urban run around doing very short trips to the grocery and back.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Six30 said:

Electric hand brakes, they are a stupid idea and always playing up .

I'd agree but mines been good so far so shut up, bloody grim reaper.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

No issues in 5 years for us other than normal stuff like replacing clutch and brakes.

The Picasso has a huge following on FB......many owners have had 4 or 5 of them. They just keep buying them.

Not the newer models though, total pants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

Not the newer models though, total pants.

About 8 years ago I rented a car in Italy, they gave me a new Picarsehole.  It was so bad that I took it back after two days and they gave me a Nissan Micra, the Micra was better :classic_wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wife's car (2022 Cadillac XT5) has a rather large keyless fob with an remote start feature. Pretty nice to have in cold weather. Nice to hop in a car with warm seats and steering wheel.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Six30 said:

Electric hand brakes, they are a stupid idea and always playing up .

Oi I said that yesterday. The reason i don't like them is because a few years ago someone in a range rover parked up on a hill in Merthyr and the handbrake released the car rolled down the hill and through a wall killing a little girl. I know it could happen with a normal handbrake i think its less likely 
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/pearl-black-inquest-merthyr-updates-15325612

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Oi I said that yesterday. The reason i don't like them is because a few years ago someone in a range rover parked up on a hill in Merthyr and the handbrake released the car rolled down the hill and through a wall killing a little girl. I know it could happen with a normal handbrake i think its less likely 
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/pearl-black-inquest-merthyr-updates-15325612

My car actually has a label on the sun shade telling the driver to park in 1st or reverse gear depending on whether you are pointing up or downhill, rather than just relying on the handbrake alone. I think Vauxhall must have had a few problems in the past to stick that here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not less likely, though. 

I know that is a serious sad story, but if you drive aggressively and properly heat up your brakes, to then park with the handbrake on you might be tempted to not pull the handbrake very hard to not put too much pressure on an already hot system. What happens is that as brakes cool off stuff starts to contract back to normal size and handbrake pads with pull away a little bit from the "bells" (don't know what you call the hubs, bells?), thus releasing the brakes.

I learned about this in the Nurburgring, where after a summer afternoon a few cars parked on top of a downhill meadow found themselves 500m down a grass field.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pedro said:

Not less likely, though. 

I know that is a serious sad story, but if you drive aggressively and properly heat up your brakes, to then park with the handbrake on you might be tempted to not pull the handbrake very hard to not put too much pressure on an already hot system. What happens is that as brakes cool off stuff starts to contract back to normal size and handbrake pads with pull away a little bit from the "bells" (don't know what you call the hubs, bells?), thus releasing the brakes.

I learned about this in the Nurburgring, where after a summer afternoon a few cars parked on top of a downhill meadow found themselves 500m down a grass field.

VW had quite a few probs with this.

On 09/03/2023 at 23:24, Clive said:

I vowed never to have another Renault.......but what is the Dacia?.........a Renault. 😔 

in the family we've had 7 renaults, but the last one saw me crossing the counter and pinning the workshop manager up against the wall whilst threatening to trash the place and then burn the car on the forcourt. so, yeah.... never again a Renault. 😂

• Haha 6

On 10/03/2023 at 11:56, Pedro said:

My dad's company has had 2 Renault cars since forever, before Megane and Clio with a 1.5 diesel and now two Kadjars with also a small diesel, they're replaced at around 300.000km and never had a problem. 

If used properly, modern french small diesels are reliable engines. A diesel like that shouldn't be bought as an urban run around doing very short trips to the grocery and back.

except for the renault 1.9 dci. which is renown for being an absolute peice of shit with top end lubrication problems and HUUUUUUGE oil consumption. Renault consider 1 litre of oil per 1000km to be " within tolerance" and " Normal for modern engines. 

F. T. S.!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MooN said:

except for the renault 1.9 dci. which is renown for being an absolute peice of shit with top end lubrication problems and HUUUUUUGE oil consumption. Renault consider 1 litre of oil per 1000km to be " within tolerance" and " Normal for modern engines. 

F. T. S.!

French cunts.