First Weekend in April

XTreme

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not sure what i'm doing tomorrow but i just signed up for a TRF ride Tintern way on Sunday weather is sort of ok looking 🤞

Laurie was up mid Wales last weekend!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not sure what i'm doing tomorrow but i just signed up for a TRF ride Tintern way on Sunday weather is sort of ok looking 🤞

That could be exciting 👍

• Like 1

It's raining quite heavily, which is good because I wasn't planning on going out on the bike anyway and the Portuguese forrests need it as much as possible before the fire season starts. I will spend the weekend doing basically nothing, which is what I feel like I've been doing with my time lately. Even though i've been more or less busy with work it just feels like a waste.

On monday morning I've got an appointment at a bank at 9:30 right near Porto, and after that am taking off for a couple of days to then end up at Sofia's for another couple of days, and to then spend a few days the week after at my place. Maybe also go for another ride then too.

Don't know where I'm pointing the bike on Monday, maybe up the Douro as that's where I'll be, it's supposed to be pretty up there now. Hope that takes me out of my bad mood.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It's raining quite heavily, which is good because I wasn't planning on going out on the bike anyway and the Portuguese forrests need it as much as possible before the fire season starts. I will spend the weekend doing basically nothing, which is what I feel like I've been doing with my time lately. Even though i've been more or less busy with work it just feels like a waste.

On monday morning I've got an appointment at a bank at 9:30 right near Porto, and after that am taking off for a couple of days to then end up at Sofia's for another couple of days, and to then spend a few days the week after at my place. Maybe also go for another ride then too.

Don't know where I'm pointing the bike on Monday, maybe up the Douro as that's where I'll be, it's supposed to be pretty up there now. Hope that takes me out of my bad mood.

Do you have many hobbies (apart from biking) that interest you? Hobbies are well known mood smoothers. There’s great satisfaction to be found in producing things (other than food) and if you have a few you can work on whatever suits your mood at any given moment. 

Enjoy your ride on Monday. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Do you have many hobbies (apart from biking) that interest you? Hobbies are well known mood smoothers. There’s great satisfaction to be found in producing things (other than food) and if you have a few you can work on whatever suits your mood at any given moment. 

Enjoy your ride on Monday. 

No, no hobbies or making stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

No, no hobbies or making stuff. 

Maybe have a look around at things other people do that you think “thats cool” and if theres a class enrol to see if it suits (that way theres no expensive outlay on tools etc you may never really use), sometimes you even meet interesting people into the bargain. If theres no class books and youtube can show you pretty much everything anyway. 

You’re not daft so if someone else can make something groovy there’s no reason you can’t too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Maybe have a look around at things other people do that you think “thats cool” and if theres a class enrol to see if it suits (that way theres no expensive outlay on tools etc you may never really use), sometimes you even meet interesting people into the bargain. If theres no class books and youtube can show you pretty much everything anyway. 

You’re not daft so if someone else can make something groovy there’s no reason you can’t too. 

I don’t really like hanging out with most people, though, or engaging in things for the sake of it. One thing I really like doing is not doing things I don’t feel like :classic_laugh:

Things will fix themselves.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I wouldn’t advocate doing things for the sake of it or engaging with people you don’t like 😆 only stuff that floats your boat will do. 

Anyway like you say things will fix themselves. 

I can confirm that @Pedro is not a social animal!

He needs people round him that are the life and soul of the party!

The type that will spit in his food, set Rottweilers on him, then encarcarate him in an underground tomb.

That sort of stuff always lifts his mood!

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I can confirm that @Pedro is not a social animal!

He needs people round him that are the life and soul of the party!

The type that will spit in his food, set Rottweilers on him, then encarcarate him in an underground tomb.

That sort of stuff always lifts his mood!

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

I don't know what you're on about, you are very loud and like to embarrass people but you're confusing that with being social. How many people really spend time with you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

you are very loud and like to embarrass people but you're confusing that with being social.

That is perfect social etiquette in Swansea @Pedro  , you can't be a wallflower and survive there .............

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

How many people really spend time with you?

I'm a very social person......with people I like to spend time with.

I'm not one of those people who've got to have people round them.....no matter how mind-numbing they might be.

• Haha 1

I dunno I find most IRL people a pain in the arse but I find a lot of things that most would find ‘oh so dull’ interesting.

If someone really knows there stuff on any topic I love hearing about the tiny details that only someone in that field would know about, I once spent over three hours listening to someone talk about the intricacies of cider making, I don’t make cider, have no intention of ever making cider and everyone else was bored to tears by the painstaking minutiae, literally willing him to shut up with their stares.

I thought it was fascinating.

But you would never have guessed that about me wud ya 😆

angry nerd GIF

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

doctor who insult GIF

Not meant to be an insult Pedro.....I was just saying that I'm selective who I spend time with.

And I've spent time with you so you can consider yourself a chosen one! 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not meant to be an insult Pedro.....I was just saying that I'm selective who I spend time with.

Chosen One GIF by Digital Pratik

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

selective .... you should be thankful .... people want you round.... you twat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

I don’t really like hanging out with most people, though, or engaging in things for the sake of it. One thing I really like doing is not doing things I don’t feel like :classic_laugh:

Things will fix themselves.

i have mentioned this before , i am a member  of a river widening club, 

all you need are wellington boots a shovel and a pick , i find it very soothing and satisfying , i do believe we are trying to set up a Portuguese sector, let me know , i'll send you some details ...