This is Big Brother shit!

XTreme

We know Google tracks our movements via the phone.....but how the fuck does it know whether I'm in the car or on the bike?

Because I just had a timeline notification telling me I did around 800kms in the car and around 150kms on the bike in March!

And it's not some sort of guess on their part......those figures are right!

So how are they able to differentiate between car and bike?

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I know what you mean I've been getting loads of patio and block paving adds in my Facebook feed and i haven't searched for anything I've just been talking about what i'm thinking of doing with the boys in work 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Maybe big brother is accessing your photos in real time...?

No bike pics have been uploaded to Google Photos though.

Maybe there are transponders in the different vehicles, could be in the number plates, the tech has been around for decades, anyway it won't matter if they introduce the next part of the plan, think 15 minute cities are bad, take a look at this, the elimination of private vehicles is part of the plan and its all to combat non-existent climate change, that's right, its Buckys fault.

• Like 2

I wondered this a while ago. The accelerometer and gyroscope on your phone give it away. A car provides fairly linear info where as on a bike the acceleration and gyroscopic movement are much higher (leaning, accelerating and braking are more as marked). 

Your biking Tourette’s wins again 😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

No bike pics have been uploaded to Google Photos though.

You post them to Facebook and the Facebook algorithm interacts with Google Analytics.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Buckster said:

You post them to Facebook and the Facebook algorithm interacts with Google Analytics.

For all they know I could have gone to that location by car and taken photos of somebody else's bike.

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

For all they know I could have gone to that location by car and taken photos of somebody else's bike.

Try and do that to see if it messes them up, or maybe they’ll put a detective on you after!

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They know you are not @Six30

• Haha 3

Got nothing to do with Facebook.

It’s purely google and your phones gyroscope/accelerometer. 

Google maps will not only figure out what mode of propulsion you’re using but also what speed you usually go at.

So if you want to check a route that you’d walk it knows your average walking pace and will estimate the time of arrival based on your speed rather than an average. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Got nothing to do with Facebook.

It’s purely google and your phones gyroscope/accelerometer. 

Google maps will not only figure out what mode of propulsion you’re using but also what speed you usually go at.

So if you want to check a route that you’d walk it knows your average walking pace and will estimate the time of arrival based on your speed rather than an average. 

What I want to know is why Google maps hasn't worked on a truck nav option, doesn't make sense 

38 minutes ago, busabeast said:

What I want to know is why Google maps hasn't worked on a truck nav option, doesn't make sense 

They probably sell it or support a paying truck nav that uses google. 

Otherwise no it doesn’t make sense cos taking a fully loaded HGV down the wrong road can cause all sorts of disasters.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

They probably sell it or support a paying truck nav that uses google. 

Otherwise no it doesn’t make sense cos taking a fully loaded HGV down the wrong road can cause all sorts of disasters.

Oh yeah I've nearly fallen foul of that over the last week, I've been covering holidays for thinford shavings on the walking floor trailers.....so iv finally put my class 1 licence to use, I've got this coming week and 3 days of the following week booked in then its back on the trade plates 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Oh yeah I've nearly fallen foul of that over the last week, I've been covering holidays for thinford shavings on the walking floor trailers.....so iv finally put my class 1 licence to use, I've not got this coming week and 3 days of the following week booked in then its back on the trade plates 

So long as they’re all paying well that’s ok isn’t it?

13 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So long as they’re all paying well that’s ok isn’t it?

Yeah its only paying 12 quid an hour but it's better than nothing and the main thing is I'm getting some valuable experience on class 1 which I wasn't getting anywhere else 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Yeah its only paying 12 quid an hour but it's better than nothing and the main thing is I'm getting some valuable experience on class 1 which I wasn't getting anywhere else 

Yer thats not enough is it but like you say better than nothing and good experience. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer thats not enough is it but like you say better than nothing and good experience. 

And it's not like it's all the time, get a year or so experience and see about getting on heavy haulage 

• Like 4