Fourth Weekend in April

XTreme

Weather's good.......

Screenshot2023-04-21111003.jpg.046d25d6cc1984839c9ea7d8949f353d.jpg

......and I've cleared all my work. But I'm not sure at the moment whether we're having the grandkids or not.

So it's difficult to make any plans......but I will get out at some point!

What about you lot?

• Like 2

Working tonight but the weather is clement so will take the bike, so looking forward to a good ride.  My new Helmet is coming today so a great chance to try that out.  
Tomorrow I have a day off because I have a concert with my Choir at St Mawes Music festival.    Bit squeaky bum time as I have two solos to sing.   Old Man river from Showboat and the song of the Ireland poem Sea Fever.   That’s the harder one as it is pretty technical to sing       
Sunday working again.  

• Like 3

Erm fuck all planned apart from get the tracking done on the jag, still need to get the bike mot done but funds are extremely tight atm so it will have to hold off for a while till we can find soke money from somewhere. 

Think I need to sell the jag and get something much more economic, the fuel bill is a killer at 100 quid a week on average

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Erm fuck all planned apart from get the tracking done on the jag, still need to get the bike mot done but funds are extremely tight atm so it will have to hold off for a while till we can find soke money from somewhere. 

Think I need to sell the jag and get something much more economic, the fuel bill is a killer at 100 quid a week on average

I hate to think how much fuel costs us per week. I fill my truck 2 times per week and the wife probably does that in her car as well. At least fuel is cheaper here.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Earache said:

I hate to think how much fuel costs us per week. I fill my truck 2 times per week and the wife probably does that in her car as well. At least fuel is cheaper here.

Something Mandi just commented on.

She's home now and couldn't sleep on the plane. Walking dead.:classic_laugh:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Saul said:

Working tonight but the weather is clement so will take the bike, so looking forward to a good ride.  My new Helmet is coming today so a great chance to try that out.  
Tomorrow I have a day off because I have a concert with my Choir at St Mawes Music festival.    Bit squeaky bum time as I have two solos to sing.   Old Man river from Showboat and the song of the Ireland poem Sea Fever.   That’s the harder one as it is pretty technical to sing       
Sunday working again.  

Are you a bass or a baritone then Saul ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Are you a bass or a baritone then Saul ?

Bass mate, 😎

This is what I am shooting for, suitable type of thing for the posh music festival we are part of.  

Only been in the choir 13 years and they still spell my name wrong. 🙄

IMG_9922.thumb.jpeg.655ab6b6baf51131739da86eb99b8b67.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Bass mate, 😎

This is what I am shooting for, suitable type of thing for the posh music festival we are part of.  

Only been in the choir 13 years and they still spell my name wrong. 🙄

IMG_9922.thumb.jpeg.655ab6b6baf51131739da86eb99b8b67.jpeg

Nice one 👍   my son is a bass as well although he doesn't do solo's.  We've heard Bryn Terfel sing that song live, he's a very impressive singer .

• Like 1

Yeah I love Bryn Terfel.   His version of Sea Fever is very personalised which is fine but not as writ.  Great to listen to not brilliant to learn from.  Singing solos comes with experience and the confidence that brings and if you actually want to do it.   I am a noisy Bugger and have to let it out 🤣.  Tell your boy if he fancies it to go for it, I am sure there will be support for soloists in his choir or chorus if he shows the inclination.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Saul said:

Yeah I love Bryn Terfel.   His version of Sea Fever is very personalised which is fine but not as writ.  Great to listen to not brilliant to learn from.  Singing solos comes with experience and the confidence that brings and if you actually want to do it.   I am a noisy Bugger and have to let it out 🤣.  Tell your boy if he fancies it to go for it, I am sure there will be support for soloists in his choir or chorus if he shows the inclination.   

Crap photo as it's in a frame but this is when Paolo met Bryn Terfel

IMG_4549.thumb.jpeg.ba780502f611ea9399d89956ef5a7da1.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Crap photo as it's in a frame but this is when Paolo met Bryn Terfel

IMG_4549.thumb.jpeg.ba780502f611ea9399d89956ef5a7da1.jpeg

That's a great photo mate.   I don't know where Paolo's musical tastes lie but a great bass in hiding, almost, is John Bromley who is a folk singer with Kimbers Men.  Hellofva Bass though and must have been classically trained.    He is the only Bass of any fame that I have met.  Mind you Basses are common down here, think of Welsh Tenors, the same is true of Basses in Cornwall.  Especially if you listen to older recordings from choirs down here.     Here's John, 

• Like 1