Itchy Boots Engine Strip!

XTreme

No good ever came from a woman with a spanner, she would be better off making a sandwich for a man who might fix her bike for her.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Buckster said:

No good ever came from a woman with a spanner, she would be better off making a sandwich for a man who might fix her bike for her.

Two African guys did it in their backyard! 

But according to the comments they're amazing!

41 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Two African guys did it in their backyard! 

But according to the comments they're amazing!

And riding around barefoot while here in the uk people lose their minds if you wear adventure boots on a dirt bike 😂 

• Haha 2

On 02/08/2023 at 00:06, Buckster said:

Ultracrepidarian - Of one who speaks or offers opinions on matters beyond their knowledge.

Like someone who comments on a something they haven’t even watched perhaps?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Ultracrepidarian - Of one who speaks or offers opinions on matters beyond their knowledge.

Like someone who comments on a something they haven’t even watched perhaps?!

Took you long enough.

Do I still get the money?

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...

Looks like she went down hard, actually turned out quite nastily for her.   Looks like she is going to have a big scar from the surgery.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Blimey I wasn't expecting that. 

They really messed her about didn't they!

I admire how practical she is and you really see just what a tough cookie she is in that one. 

Very few people can exercise the level of control over pain that she displays. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Blimey I wasn't expecting that. 

They really messed her about didn't they!

I admire how practical she is and you really see just what a tough cookie she is in that one. 

Very few people can exercise the level of control over pain that she displays. 

Yeah I have a lot of respect for her, driven person.   👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Maybe just a tiny bit too driven?

Maybe, I can see elements of my youngest daughter in her.  I just hope she uses her focus for good.  🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Saul said:

Maybe, I can see elements of my youngest daughter in her.  I just hope she uses her focus for good.  🤣 

Yes one of my sons is the same. 

Often have to tell him to stop and take a break before he breaks himself 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yes one of my sons is the same. 

Often have to tell him to stop and take a break before he breaks himself 😂

I know that feeling, times I have told her to just breath and accept that sometimes the answer is no or it can't be done right now.    I get on better with her than my Mrs who finds her extremely frustrating at times, whereas it is the opposite with my son who I could happily slap around, although I never would.  I do think in life when she finds her focus on something career wise there will be no holding her back.  Or its the hope I cling to 🤣. Probably just normal Dad soft on daughters hard on sons and the other way with Mums.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saul said:

I know that feeling, times I have told her to just breath and accept that sometimes the answer is no or it can't be done right now.    I get on better with her than my Mrs who finds her extremely frustrating at times, whereas it is the opposite with my son who I could happily slap around, although I never would.  I do think in life when she finds her focus on something career wise there will be no holding her back.  Or its the hope I cling to 🤣. Probably just normal Dad soft on daughters hard on sons and the other way with Mums.  

I dunno, I have boys but I'm aware it's much easier to project what you consider your own faults onto a child that's the same sex. 

My eldest has traits of mine that I don't like and I find it hard not to tell him off for them, where as my youngest who is without a doubt much harder work has a lot of his Dads traits and I find I'm endlessly patient with those!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saul said:

If she shits her pants then you know where her inspiration comes from.

• Haha 2

There is some truth in that, my boys immaturity really gets to me but I do have to bite my tongue as I know I was probably worse at his age.  I just wish he would get out there an live rather than behave like a 20 year old incel most of the time.  He does work though so perhaps I shouldn't moan.   Just want the best for him really as I suppose most people do for their kids.  

• Like 2

Just now, Buckster said:

If she shits her pants then you know where her inspiration comes from.

WTF is that about, who shits their pants?

Just now, Saul said:

WTF is that about, who shits their pants?

Pretty sure there was a video floating about involving a bad toilet incident for this bint.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Pretty sure there was a video floating about involving a bad toilet incident for this bint.

Okay 🤣, wouldn't surprise me given the time she has spent in Africa, 😉

She is lucky, that could have been a whole lot worse, the rule of thumb with that type of overlanding is to band up with other solo travellers or groups. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

She is lucky, that could have been a whole lot worse, the rule of thumb with that type of overlanding is to band up with other solo travellers or groups. 

I agree I would't do it, I think she is just to focused of a character and hard to be around for to long.   Probably why she does it all solo.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

I agree I would't do it, I think she is just to focused of a character and hard to be around for to long.   Probably why she does it all solo.   

If she carries on she will end up as carrion in a ditch somewhere or worse.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Buckster said:

If she carries on she will end up as carrion in a ditch somewhere or worse.

Entirely possible, perhaps this latest incident will temper her.   

• Like 1

There are lots of solo female travellers and so far as I know only one of them ended up in a ditch quite close to being carrion.

They robbed her, raped her and beat the shit out of her, then left her for dead but somehow she survived.

Edit: she freely admits pitching her tent (on her tod) where she pitched it wasn't wise but the locals had told her it was a safe area and she'd be fine there. 

• Sad 3