New shocks

Buckster

Just now, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Keep in mind your still riding a 1 ton barge and not a sport bike...

Yes but I ride like a boss.

• Haha 4

Put one extra click on the damping before this evenings ride and it seems about right.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Put one extra click on the damping before this evenings ride and it seems about right.

Did you have to mess with the pre-load or were they pretty well spot on ?

57 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Play with it, 3 or 4 at a time to really feel the difference. But write it down to not get lost.

Do they have low and high speed damping, or just low?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Play with it, 3 or 4 at a time to really feel the difference. But write it down to not get lost.

It is combined rebound and compression.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Did you have to mess with the pre-load or were they pretty well spot on ?

Preload seems pretty much bang on based on the sag.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

lol, I have bits of paper with suspension settings all over my garage 😁

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

lol, I have bits of paper with suspension settings all over my garage 😁

I had a diary for that stuff back in the days of driving on track. It's really easy to get lost if you're not meticulous.

I was remembered of that on the GS, with the new suspension I started tinkering with it and initially I kept notes, but then forgot to and after a couple more adjustments I was lost and didn't remember the sweet spot. Now I just have it softer like I put it in Morocco to go off-road and left it like that regardless, it gets a big wavy and feels like a boat on rough seas when going proper fast, but there you go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I had a diary for that stuff back in the days of driving on track. It's really easy to get lost if you're not meticulous.

I was remembered of that on the GS, with the new suspension I started tinkering with it and initially I kept notes, but then forgot to and after a couple more adjustments I was lost and didn't remember the sweet spot. Now I just have it softer like I put it in Morocco to go off-road and left it like that regardless, it gets a big wavy and feels like a boat on rough seas when going proper fast, but there you go.

The shocks came with a booklet with a section in the back for noting down changes and how it was set from the factory.

• Like 2

On 17/05/2024 at 20:00, Buckster said:

Looks like I will have to finish it tomorrow, I need a 1 5/16 socket or 33mm to torque up the axle. The original is 36mm but the people who make the after market  have obviously changed it, pretty sure I don’t have one, have just about everything else.

you want to get some Autoglym on that wheel... outrageous  letting it get like that

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

you want to get some Autoglym on that wheel... outrageous  letting it get like that

They say you can learn alot about someone personal hygiene by looking at the rear wheel of his motorcycle...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

You could go and paint it for him .................

Mrs Doubtfire Reaction GIF

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

They say you can learn alot about someone personal hygiene by looking at the rear wheel of his motorcycle...

Personal hygiene .. that’s an insult to a Harley owner 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Holy shit I'm in trouble then:classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Actually that reminds me of Tym and Pete with their bloody down pipes.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Actually that reminds me of Tym and Pete with their bloody down pipes.

I would love to leave my bike parked in their garages for a week. Pick it up looking like 6 years ago!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm now wondering if I should bother softening the forks or go the whole hog and put Nitron cartridges in there.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I'm now wondering if I should bother softening the forks or go the whole hog and put Nitron cartridges in there.

You know one is going to make the front improve almost as much as the rear, while the other’s just guesswork.