2024 BSA Gold Star 650 test ride

Saul

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/05/2024 at 06:43, Saul said:

As to enjoying riding a less powerful bike to its limit being fun, I have had a blast on my daughters CB125F recently, a lot of fun and I like it but I would never buy one for me.

It's a known fact: It's waaay more Fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow.😉

• Like 5

If they were 30% larger in every dimension they would sell better in the U.K. but they are tiny. I mean really small, they are like a 125, they look great in pictures and by all accounts ride well but they are a small bike. 

I agree on the lower power thing, hooning around on a 650 single is far more satisfying than pushing the envelope of death on an R1.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Buckster said:

If they were 30% larger in every dimension they would sell better in the U.K. but they are tiny. I mean really small, they are like a 125, they look great in pictures and by all accounts ride well but they are a small bike. 

I agree on the lower power thing, hooning around on a 650 single is far more satisfying than pushing the envelope of death on an R1.

It would be perfect for you Buckster...being limited in height...you could probably see over the windscreen ?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

It would be perfect for you Buckster...being limited in height...you could probably see over the windscreen ?

You are so small Billybob has to lift you onto your bike.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, Saul said:

Colin winning more friends 

It is complete shit when you buy a new bike and don't have a nice dealership within acceptable distance to home. Better to just bite the bullet and forget about warranties and use a trusty mechanic.

• Like 2

To be fair matey in the video is a moany old fucker, doesn't live far from me.  Still doesn't mean he should be treated anything less than professionally from a franchised dealer.  I wouldn't buy a thing from Thor because of Colin and his attitude.  As I have said before a real shame as he has lots of interesting stuff.   

• Like 1