Remembering Pete

Pedro

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I sent Pete a Whatsapp, same as ever, when I knew he got taken to hospital, and he replied. Then the next day, yesterday I asked how he was doing and there was no reply. I didn’t bother him because he probably needed the rest and I knew his son was flying in. Then last night I started to worry because he usually replies, so this morning I asked if he was better and his son Scott replied to me saying Peter had passed yesterday. I asked for no further details.

In times like these I choose to leave people be and managed their affairs. Scott is now probably dealing with Pete’s company, his brother, Allison ( who is a jewel), and I prefer to not add to that burden.

from the timing I assume his funeral is either today or tomorrow, I can ask for you if you want to attend.

Thanks for the offer Pedro but to be honest I’m not sure I could get along anyway, I was just thinking it would be nice to know when the service might be so I could spend a bit of time quietly thinking.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I sent Pete a Whatsapp, same as ever, when I knew he got taken to hospital, and he replied. Then the next day, yesterday I asked how he was doing and there was no reply. I didn’t bother him because he probably needed the rest and I knew his son was flying in. Then last night I started to worry because he usually replies, so this morning I asked if he was better and his son Scott replied to me saying Peter had passed yesterday. I asked for no further details.

In times like these I choose to leave people be and managed their affairs. Scott is now probably dealing with Pete’s company, his brother, Allison ( who is a jewel), and I prefer to not add to that burden.

from the timing I assume his funeral is either today or tomorrow, I can ask for you if you want to attend.

Agreed they have more than enough to get on with without further questions from us on details. 

I'd like to know about the funeral and if there could be a video link to it 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Agreed they have more than enough to get on with without further questions from us on details. 

Do you really think you could get a video link to work?

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

A video link to a funeral?

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

A video link to a funeral?

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

We did that for some of my nans friends who couldn't attend

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

This is the last of this kind of forum, Pete had a unique gift to make forums like these and put a lot of effort into driving them forward, proven by their decline once he hands them off to other people. Let’s hold this one together for him until the plug gets pulled and not let it go to hell in a hand cart.

Indeed, he was great at making these run, had great pleasure in providing a place for a few people spread all over the world to meet. And in fact no other forums have the same kind of vibe, we did share our dislike for a couple of members (I'm glad she's gone, he wasn't) but all he really wanted for the place was to keep it alive.

I know nothing of internet and computers and servers, but I know you do, so now that you're running it please remember that there's a few people here who would like to help with costs if there's any involved, I would.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Indeed, he was great at making these run, had great pleasure in providing a place for a few people spread all over the world to meet. And in fact no other forums have the same kind of vibe, we did share our dislike for a couple of members (I'm glad she's gone, he wasn't) but all he really wanted for the place was to keep it alive.

I know nothing of internet and computers and servers, but I know you do, so now that you're running it please remember that there's a few people here who would like to help with costs if there's any involved, I would.

I'll second this statement as I'm sure a few others would too, I think we owe it to Pete to keep things going

• Like 5

Might I suggest that we should probably increase number of people on the team running the forum just to help out so it's not all just sat on 2 people's shoulders 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don’t have admin access or control of the domain name, software and hosting, without that I can do nothing in the long term. I could set another place up at some point but we would lose everything here, as I say, this is not the time to think about this.

• Like 10

Yep let the dust settle a little, there will be plenty of time to plan and sort stuff out.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

I’m sorry to say that Pete has passed away yesterday.

I didn’t ask for details, but got this from Scott, Pete’s son.

No fucking way this cant be true 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

What a shock .. thought he was on the mend , gutted as I’m sure we all are , rest in peace Pete , my internet buddy 

😪 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Buckster said:

A week ago he was riding the gay moped exploring abandoned shit and indulging is secret liaisons with midgets. I also know he was looking at getting a new bike. Now he’s gone. Just shows how fragile life is. My thoughts are with his family, especially his wife, this really is a shock. I know he would expect me to say this so I won’t let him down. Wouldn’t have happened if @Six30 had got the mod gig.

Made me laugh with a tear in my eye … 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@Pedro once things have settled down a bit for Pete's son would you be able to ask him what happened, i'm sure everyone here as well as myself would also like to know 

Indeed...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@Pedro once things have settled down a bit for Pete's son would you be able to ask him what happened, i'm sure everyone here as well as myself would also like to know 

Unfortunately heart attacks often happen in close succession, he had multiple stents put in which is an indicator for congenital heart disease, I suspect he went into arrhythmia unexpectedly after they moved him out of ICU, that’s the most common cause of death after a heart attack.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've met the guy when he was a kid maybe 20 years ago, we said nothing but a few words to each other back then, I am not a person he's close to. I really don't feel confortable asking him questions just out of curiosity, Pete was in hospital after a heart attack so the medical specifics of it aren't really important to me.

I have asked him to give Pete's wife my number, in case she needs a friend to talk to over whatever it might be. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I've met the guy when he was a kid maybe 20 years ago, we said nothing but a few words to each other back then, I am not a person he's close to. I really don't feel confortable asking him questions just out of curiosity, Pete was in hospital after a heart attack so the medical specifics of it aren't really important to me.

I have asked him to give Pete's wife my number, in case she needs a friend to talk to over whatever it might be. 

good man pedro...

• Like 3

I saw this the other day and this morning I was going to post it up on here because I knew it would make Pete laugh out loud. However, then I read Pedro’s post and it seemed pointless and irrelevant.

However, now the sad news has sunk in I’m starting to remember Pete’s sick sense of humour and I think he’d appreciate it anyway.

Here you go Pete, you daft Welsh twat. 🍺🏍️

IMG_4252.jpeg

• Haha 9

36 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Alternatively it could simply have been that he remembered that he still had to deal with @Marcel le Moose Fondler.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This truly is shit news! I thought that things were looking up when he was moved out of ICU. Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of it about! Mandy's old boss was chatting to people on the Saturday and died of multiple organ failure on the Sunday. We don't know, but we suspect from Sepsis. To go downhill that fast!

Anyway, I'm concerned for Pete's wife. Not only has she lost her husband, but could also be in a very precarious position with remaining in Spain, if that's what she wishes to do! Hopefully the boys will rally around and make sure that she's looked after.

RIP Pete. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

You fucking dick...sure blame it on me now...

Mate, even you have your uses. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5