Remembering Pete

Pedro

31 minutes ago, KAYZ1 said:

Ren, please tell Ali i am thinking of her.. If i can get some one to look after Pat i will go over.

Not many people know much about me..But Pete, Phil and few others from the WSATC years ago

Saved my life,,,i do mean saved me... They are all Nice folk. RIP Pete.

Lyn.

I think it will depend on the arrangements Lyn , if it’s a funeral in Spain it will probably be done tomorrow or next day.

They don’t prolong it in Mediterranean countries 🤷

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I think it will depend on the arrangements Lyn , if it’s a funeral in Spain it will probably be done tomorrow or next day.

They don’t prolong it in Mediterranean countries 🤷

That's very quick to arrange a funeral, here it takes weeks

• Like 1

I am waiting on a new bike but if it is sooner then the lad said he will look after his Mum for me.

Waiting a a call from Dell...

• Like 2

Fred just gave me the dreadful news. I saw Pete’s posts on FB and like most thought that he was over the worst of it. 

All very sad. 

• Like 9

Terrible news indeed  i have just come on the forum and found this out a big shock , rest in peace Pete one of the best 

• Like 8

Just now, busabeast said:

@Pedro do we know what time pete left us yesterday?

No, Rich. having passed in a hospital there would be no doubt about cause of death, here he would probably have a funeral tomorrow at the latest. I’ll try to know something about the funeral tomorrow.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

No, Rich. having passed in a hospital there would be no doubt about cause of death, here he would probably have a funeral tomorrow at the latest. I’ll try to know something about the funeral tomorrow.

No worries Pedro, I don't know about anyone else here but my head is still spinning from all of this news

• Like 3

I just wanted to thank @Pedro, it must have been hard for him to be the bearer of this terrible news. I know that many of us have questions relating to Pete's passing, but I think that we should hold onto them and not burden @Pedro any further. I'm sure that he will pass on any relevant information if it comes into his possession. 

Given the norm for quick burials in Spain I guess that it will be unlikely that any of us will be able to attend in person, unless we hear otherwise, we will need to console ourselves with keeping him in our thoughts until he is laid to rest.

Once things have settled, then maybe we'll need to have the discussion on how to keep this place running as part of Pete's legacy, but I think that we need to keave the timing of that until @Buckster and @boboneleg feel it appropriate. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Tango said:

I just wanted to thank @Pedro, it must have been hard for him to be the bearer of this terrible news. I know that many of us have questions relating to Pete's passing, but I think that we should hold onto them and not burden @Pedro any further. I'm sure that he will pass on any relevant information if it comes into his possession. 

Given the norm for quick burials in Spain I guess that it will be unlikely that any of us will be able to attend in person, unless we hear otherwise, we will need to console ourselves with keeping him in our thoughts until he is laid to rest.

Once things have settled, then maybe we'll need to have the discussion on how to keep this place running as part of Pete's legacy, but I think that we need to keave the timing of that until @Buckster and @boboneleg feel it appropriate. 

Assuming they want the responsibility.

• Like 3

Have just been chatting with Dawn and she said that Pete and Ogri will be up there setting the world to rights. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Assuming they want the responsibility.

I guess that will form part of the discussion when the time comes. 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Specs said:

Have just been chatting with Dawn and she said that Pete and Ogri will be up there setting the world to rights. 

About the right top box 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Tomorrow, Pete's family will have a small family only ceremony in Granada, and then he will be cremated. His ashes will be brought home.

They would rather not have anyone else there.

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Tomorrow, Pete's family will have a small family only ceremony in Granada, and then he will be cremated. His ashes will be brought home.

Thanks for the update @Pedro

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Home as in Spain or Wales.
No I don't expect you to ask that Pedro.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Home as in Spain or Wales.
No I don't expect you to ask that Pedro.

Home as in the house where Allison is living, that’s my understanding.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Specs said:

Of that there is no doubt :classic_laugh:

• Like 8

Can't believe it's already time for goodbye to such a good guy.

Thanks for letting me know - you know who you are 😉 

Always enjoyed your vibrant full of life opinionated self Pete, that's why I followed you to this dinosaur filled poop hole 😆 

I think that was part of the fun we shared.  A serious and light hearted touch in the same measure.

If reincarnation is true then you're definitely off dog level 🤣😘

Hope you enjoy the ginormous top box in the sky

XXXXXXXXXXXX

xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

• Like 11

I was bringing a group ride back from the alps / vercors when i got Bucks message this morning. It took me a while to process. By the time i got halfway home it was pissing down with rain an thunder claps you could hear over the exhaust noise. It 30 odd years i have rarely ridden in such bad weather.

Thanks Pete. 😭

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Can't believe it's already time for goodbye to such a good guy.

Thanks for letting me know - you know who you are 😉 

Always enjoyed your vibrant full of life opinionated self Pete, that's why I followed you to this dinosaur filled poop hole 😆 

I think that was part of the fun we shared.  A serious and light hearted touch in the same measure.

If reincarnation is true then you're definitely off dog level 🤣😘

Hope you enjoy the ginormous top box in the sky

XXXXXXXXXXXX

xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

That’s @Pedro’s day ruined.

• Haha 7

Dinosaur 🤔?...... that's me puts me in my place... 😂 

Jeez....there can only be a couple of us vying for the most aged member now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So he's still dead then, i came on tonight hoping it was just some joke he set up with you lot to try and wind me up as payback at me for trying to wind him up, A bit of a sick joke but i would have been happy if it was one. 

• Like 6