Remembering Pete

Pedro

1 minute ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Ok...you second then....

For Pete...I'm only doing this for Pete. 

20240520_171216.jpg

you have got a lump there.. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Ok...you second then....

20240520_171216.jpg

FFS there is something wrong with you 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

It's my gut...I had to suck it in to hide the buldge...

20240520_171216.thumb.jpg.93925db7d7d71b109228a12222bb2acc.jpg

32 minutes ago, Six30 said:

so where have you been then ?

All over the shop.

Had a lot of fun. Arrived in southern spain just this afternoon after weeks mystery tour 😆 

The pyrenees, canada, morocco, belgium and the arse end of nowhere (scotland 😜) and didn't write a single ride report or take hardly any photos and no-one got on my case about it - yeehaw.

Missed a few of you in the telling, Pete n Saul n Sir Fallsalot, boboneleg, tango, plus some..and even you, you cantankerous ol' wind up!

But I've been having good fun 🥳 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

All over the shop.

Had a lot of fun. Arrived in southern spain just this afternoon after weeks mystery tour 😆 

The pyrenees, canada, morocco, belgium and the arse end of nowhere (scotland 😜) and didn't write a single ride report or take hardly any photos and no-one got on my case about it - yeehaw.

Missed a few of you in the telling, Pete n Saul n Sir Fall Fallsalot, boboneleg, tango, plus some..and even you, you cantankerous ol' wind up!

good stuff..  lifes for living and doing stuff , enjoy it  👍

what does  cantankerous mean ?

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Ok...you second then....

20240520_171216.jpg

Never said I was going too. 😂 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

All over the shop.

Missed a few of you in the telling, Pete n Saul n Sir Fallsalot, boboneleg, tango, plus some..and even you, you cantankerous ol' wind up!

Canada...is big country...where about were you visiting  ?

4 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Me and Zzzzak

4 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Me and Zzzzak

72 in about 90 days, that makes me the oldest, smartest and best looking.

• Haha 7

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

All over the shop.

Hope you will stay around for a bit. If you don't mind me asking what happened with your Father or was it your Mother can't remember now it was so long ago.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Six30 said:

good stuff..  lifes for living and doing stuff , enjoy it  👍

what does  cantankerous mean ?

I think it’s a misspelling, I think she meant cuntakerous 🤣

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, zzzak said:

And I'm 72 in November.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Hope you will stay around for a bit. If you don't mind me asking what happened with your Father or was it your Mother can't remember now it was so long ago.

Of course I will. I loved the mans company.

Pete was a big presence and even in the short time I knew him, influential.

Im still actually carrying the polystyrene boxes ready to transport his pukka pies to him in my panniers. Thats how much he can effect you!

My own ma? that's painfully ongoing, and not necessarily in a good way. Heyho. You play the cards you're dealt!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Renegade said:

And I'm 72 in November.

Crikey. 

My Pops is 76 and he whizzes about like life hasn't touched him. 

I just swapped the Himalayan for an Indian. 

He sat on it and said ok, wanna go halves?

I couldn't imagine anything nicer!

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Renegade said:

And I'm 72 in November.

I'll be waiting young fella.

image.png.4359ea99ca1f776c3092d1735bed9206.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Crikey. 

My Pops is 76 and he whizzes about like life hasn't touched him. 

I just swapped the Himalayan for an Indian. 

He sat on it and said ok, wanna go halves?

I couldn't imagine anything nicer!

An Indian … pics or …

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MooN said:

I was bringing a group ride back from the alps / vercors when i got Bucks message this morning. It took me a while to process. By the time i got halfway home it was pissing down with rain an thunder claps you could hear over the exhaust noise. It 30 odd years i have rarely ridden in such bad weather.

Thanks Pete. 😭

hi Moon, how are the babies😄  Lyn.

Still have a tear in my eye today, Dell is the same.. Too soon...

Lyn.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, zzzak said:

Dementia has obviously set in.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Ok...you second then....

20240520_171216.jpgS

such sad news about Pete.  I saw his FB post and just figured it was simple surgery.

I really dont think posting pics of ugly vaginas is showing the right respect, tho.

IMG_6041.JPG.864ef58411890f5ced5121f82a1437f1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I am sure this will be classed as gay but I don’t really care.  I wanted to say something about Pete.  It's funny but even though we never met I have come to look on him as a friend who I spoke to most days.  Please you that knew him much longer and better than me do the same, I and I am sure others would like to read it. 

I liked his manner and the way he would call me out for being a cunt when I was, straight talking honest friends are rare and should be valued.  Sometimes you need to look at yourself and what you are doing. He ran this website well and showed a tolerance and the same friendship to some character’s with pretty extreme views not just because of what they could offer to the place.  Also because he saw value in them and their views.  I liked that, regularly talking to people I would not in most walks of life is a good and valuable learning experience. That environment Pete created with his forceful personality.  If you can get by In this sometimes harsh forum it makes you a stronger person in everyday normal life, I liked that too.  Interesting place run by an Interesting Guy.   

I liked his consistent hatred of most things Chinese and Indian unless he was buying them, his quick fire consistent POS posts made me laugh.  His refusal to see any value in the same unless of course it was something he bought.  Bloody Negatron but Funny Guy.  

Also I think sometimes we forget of the time and effort and finance he put into this place, because he believed in it and it was his creation.  To our benefit of course.  Oh and the last thing that I liked was talking to him was often like taking a trip back the the 1970’s with his views and some outlooks on life, my formative years that I look back on with fondness for all the flaws of the time.  Good Guy

Hopefully we can continue in this forum and stop it going to hell in a hand basket, which it may very well do without him.  

Pete a friend I’m going to miss.  

The self proclaimed Rugged Individualist. 

Cheers Shad Man 

• Like 12

well said @Saul , it wont be the same on here with out him and he is going to be missed big time,  but i hope we can keep it going... 

your the only friends i got on here and im banned from all the other forums .

• Like 6