xt 660

Six30

Out for a few hours this morning ,good through the lanes and enough grunt  on A roads... apart from the steering started to feeling notchy ... its  a fucking blast , sounds the nuts... pooping and farting off the throttle , 

im liking it ... no bar end mirrors broke or damaged either,

i could make a living out of reviewing bikes , the words just come natural for me .

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Out for a few hours this morning ,good through the lanes and enough grunt  on A roads... apart from the steering started to feeling notchy ... its  a fucking blast , sounds the nuts... pooping and farting off the throttle , 

im liking it ... no bar end mirrors broke or damaged either,

i could make a living out of reviewing bikes , the words just come natural for me .

No Photos

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

No Photos

Sounds like BS to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

No Photos

i kept thinking i best stop and take a couple of photos... but i didn't ,

did stop for petrol and a coffee but was not happy t with the background so didn't bother.

Rugged individualism 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Six30 said:

Good through the lanes and enough grunt  on A roads... apart from the steering started to feeling notchy ... its  a fucking blast , sounds the nuts... pooping and farting off the throttle , 

The steering issue could be your steering head bearings could need some attention....🤔

Thats how my XT sounds & feels!...an absolute Blast....especially railing down a road like this....😎

IMG_0004.thumb.jpg.a9978484f9cdfd02665ed27a6282024f.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, YamaHead said:

The steering issue could be your steering head bearings could need some attention....🤔

Thats how my XT sounds & feels!...an absolute Blast....especially railing down a road like this....😎

IMG_0004.thumb.jpg.a9978484f9cdfd02665ed27a6282024f.jpg

yeh.. love the sound of it , you got a pic of yours ?

I had an XT660X many years ago. always liked that bike although people at the time thought it a little odd but motards weren't exactly common back in 2007.

I had Staintunes and a DNA air filter setup, it sounded great.

Not mine but you get the picture.

image.png.952afbde92839771a7eb6278ff9ecbd9.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, YamaHead said:

The steering issue could be your head could need some attention....🤔

You’re not wrong.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Six30 said:

nice ..old school one.

Yep....can't begin to tell ya how much I'd love to ride this beast again.....but alas, gonna hand it off to my boy in 1 week...who actually was the last person to ride it.😎

• Like 3

One thing that I really liked about my X was the fuel gauge, reset the trip meter when you filled it up and the light would come on at half a tank so you then knew what your range was, typically it came on at around 210k's.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Having  new  head bearings, they was fucked  , fork seals , front disc and pads and rear pads... 

Fairly Oddparents Burn GIF 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Having  new  head bearings, they was fucked  , fork seals , front disc and pads and rear pads... 

Fairly Oddparents Burn GIF 

Just secondhand bike maintenance once its done you will never have to do them again except the pads of course

the ones on the van that is 😉 :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4