Remembering Pete

Pedro

I’m sorry to say that Pete has passed away yesterday.

I didn’t ask for details, but got this from Scott, Pete’s son.

• Sad 10

I don't know what to say apart from I am absolutely shocked by how it has turned out.... never expected it turn out like this, 

My deepest sympathy to his family.......a sad loss. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

A week ago he was riding the gay moped exploring abandoned shit and indulging is secret liaisons with midgets. I also know he was looking at getting a new bike. Now he’s gone. Just shows how fragile life is. My thoughts are with his family, especially his wife, this really is a shock. I know he would expect me to say this so I won’t let him down. Wouldn’t have happened if @Six30 had got the mod gig.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

@Buckster  I'm not a religious person but I'd be happy if you'd say a prayer for him and his wife if you go to church today.

I guarantee he is in my prayers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

This is absolutely shocking news, deepest sympathy goes out to all the family. 

I have no other words....

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

This is absolutely shocking news, deepest sympathy goes out to all the family. 

I have no other words....

A video is worth a thousand words.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

A video is worth a thousand words.

I'll get the computer set up today and sort it, iv been bloody busy 

• Like 1

Fucking hell that’s awful news, so unexpected. I was just about to post up something funny, taking the piss etc, clearly this news changes everything.

Condolences to his wife and wider family.

I assume his wife contacted you @Pedro? If so and you get any further info on funeral service etc please keep us informed.

I haven’t known Pete for that long really, certainly not as long as many of you, however he was such a distinctive character and I always enjoyed our meet-ups………apart from that abandoned shit, he can fucking rammit! 🤣

• Like 8

I'm just stunned...must have been worse than he was leading us to believe...I was expecting him up and about in a few days...I know it was only virtual but over the 20 some odd years that we've been messing around on bike forums...really does feel like I've lost a family member....rest in Peace Pete...my old friend ..

• Like 8

He will still be working wherever he's gone either that or he's gone to live that retirement dream on his super yacht 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

This is the last of this kind of forum, Pete had a unique gift to make forums like these and put a lot of effort into driving them forward, proven by their decline once he hands them off to other people. Let’s hold this one together for him until the plug gets pulled and not let it go to hell in a hand cart.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

This is the last of this kind of forum, Pete had a unique gift to make forums like these and put a lot of effort into driving them forward, proven by their decline once he hands them off to other people. Let’s hold this one together for him until the plug gets pulled and not let it go to hell in a hand cart.

I know nothing about how a website/forum works, is it easy or hard to take it over and continue with it?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Clive said:

I know nothing about how a website/forum works, is it easy or hard to take it over and continue with it?

Without Pete driving it I’m not sure it can continue, anyone can set up a forum but not everyone can run one effectively.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I for one would like this place to continue if it's only for the memory of Pete...have no idea about the cost for operating such a place...but if anything you need Buck or Bob...that is if someone takes the role of admistrator...

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I for one would like this place to continue if it's only for the memory of Pete...have no idea about the cost for operating such a place...but if anything you need Buck or Bob...that is if someone takes the role of admistrator...

We can cross that bridge at a later date, now’s not the time, I just wanted to ask everyone to hold the place together in respect to Pete’s legacy while we all do our respective grieving.

• Like 8

I don't want this place to go anywhere, I think for petes legacy we should do all possible to see it doesn't go down the pan.

I'm sure there's a way of doing this

• Like 6

Truly saddened by this news. Let's keep the forum going and make Pete proud of us. 

😢

• Like 9

That is terrible news.     Thanks for finding out for us Pedro.   Properly gutted to hear it.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

I assume his wife contacted you @Pedro? If so and you get any further info on funeral service etc please keep us informed.

I sent Pete a Whatsapp, same as ever, when I knew he got taken to hospital, and he replied. Then the next day, yesterday I asked how he was doing and there was no reply. I didn’t bother him because he probably needed the rest and I knew his son was flying in. Then last night I started to worry because he usually replies, so this morning I asked if he was better and his son Scott replied to me saying Peter had passed yesterday. I asked for no further details.

In times like these I choose to leave people be and managed their affairs. Scott is now probably dealing with Pete’s company, his brother, Allison ( who is a jewel), and I prefer to not add to that burden.

from the timing I assume his funeral is either today or tomorrow, I can ask for you if you want to attend.

• Like 8

We started on whatsapp instead on normal forum messages because he wanted a live video chat to figure out how to take the sidecases off on his GS1200. He knew they came off because he saw the dealer doing it, but those two differently coloured levers were a step too far once by himself :classic_laugh:

:classic_sad:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3