Ocean BMW Falmouth

Saul

3 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Idiot...lol...I was think about trying to take apart that funky front suspension they have on some of them to replace bushing and stuff ...I can just imagine the nightmare...special pullers and press..littered with odd size bolts and inverted torx screews...

You need torx tools, that’s it.

56 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You need torx tools, that’s it.

If we're talking about the torx bits ...fucken pain in the ass...try taking those out after being in the salt for a few years...worse design.. bar nun for a bolts of any kind...

Screenshot_20240523_170729_Google.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I agree about torx fasteners, hate the things.

Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so shallow. All about saving weight I'd guess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so shallow. All about saving weight I'd guess.

Tell you the truth I'm not 100% sure if BMW has these bolts on there bikes...just a awful design..if the centre section gets warn or is affect by rust..all your left with a round head bolt..

Screenshot_20240524_053328_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Ktms bolts are mostly torx combination now...at least you have the option to fit a regular 6 point socket on them

Screenshot_20240524_054033_Gallery.jpg

They look like this:

image.png.69640ae3f56fd0e68d5629fb4798c47d.png

I think they work perfectly well, there's none that have stripped. There's only 4 or 5 sizes on the whole bike, plus nuts and all that.

And why would you be using anything other than the correct bit to work a screw? Aren't you a professional mechanic?

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

They look like this:

image.png.69640ae3f56fd0e68d5629fb4798c47d.png

I think they work perfectly well, there's none that have stripped. There's only 4 or 5 sizes on the whole bike, plus nuts and all that.

And why would you be using anything other than the correct bit to work a screw? Aren't you a professional mechanic?

Oh don't worry I use the correct type and size...I know most bike aren't affected by rust ...but you can imagine what happens to the center section if they rust or are pack solid with debris...all your left with is a rounded head bolt..