RE Continental Fairing

Saul

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Doesn't look at all proportioned to me. Weird shape.

I dunno mate, I do see what you mean but back in the 1970's where nothing really came with a fairing that is what bikes looked like that had after market fairings.   I love that sort of not really mean't to be look.    It has all but died out as classic bikes are being restored back to original and all the old fairings binned.   I suppose it is a bit like music tastes what you start with always sticks with you. 

Got one minus the fairing. 

It is a pretty bike. It's what Mr Slowly used to have in Spain but he recently switched to a BMW F800 because over long distances it wears you out.  

It is very much a leisurely sunny Sunday afternoon bike. People constantly pull up along side it when it out n about to have a stare. 

IMG_0909.thumb.jpeg.2de11612a9b292d670404b2331130207.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It is a pretty bike. It's what Mr Slowly used to have in Spain but he recently switched to a BMW F800 because over long distances it wears you out.  

It is very much a leisurely sunny Sunday afternoon bike. People constantly pull up along side it when it out n about to have a stare. 

I do hanker after one of those twins, not for everyday but something to play with.  Allsorts of aftermarket tat to bolt one to them and play with.  I would love that, plus they do sound cool as hell.  

• Like 1

FULL FAIRING, 650 CONTINENTAL GT + 650 INTERCEPTOR

This full fairing is based on the original Redditch built 250cc Continental GT fairing of the 1960’s. We are pleased to be able to offer a version for the Indian built 650 Continental GT. This has been designed and manufactured without compromise to get the finished look we wanted. Using complete new tooling we could pay special attention to the lines and rider position to realise an end result suitable for most riders. English made and supplied with stainless brackets and fixings.

This will also fit the 650 Interceptor providing the standard handlebars are removed and replaced with clip-ons as detailed below.

Note 1:The fairing requires repositioning of the clip-ons below the top yoke, however we would recommend the fitting of our specific GT clip-ons for better clearance, part 93052 listed in ''Related Items'' below. Bar end mirrors will also be required.

1 minute ago, Saul said:

I do hanker after one of those twins, not for everyday but something to play with.  Allsorts of aftermarket tat to bolt one to them and play with.  I would love that, plus they do sound cool as hell.  

Oh yes there's a lot of tinkering to be had 😂

And it's an easy bike to work on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh yes there's a lot of tinkering to be had 😂

And it's an easy bike to work on. 

Yes I can servicing and looking after one of them at home would be a blast.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

IMG_0909.thumb.jpeg.2de11612a9b292d670404b2331130207.jpeg

Stunning 😎

• Like 1

I had a Thruxton R the year before I brought the Harley back from the states, it was a great day bike, I didn’t have the space for two bikes otherwise I would have kept it, if I had the space I would definitely have an RS. It also didn’t hurt that I sold it for more than I paid for it and I bought it used from the dealer. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I had a Thruxton R the year before I brought the Harley back from the states, it was a great day bike, I didn’t have the space for two bikes otherwise I would have kept it, if I had the space I would definitely have an RS. It also didn’t hurt that I sold it for more than I paid for it and I bought it used from the dealer. 

Cool Bike.   I have looked longing at them as well, more spendy than a RE though, I would be less inclined to play around and tinker with it just because of it's value.    But that may just be a problem in my head.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saul said:

Cool Bike.   I have looked longing at them as well, more spendy than a RE though, I would be less inclined to play around and tinker with it just because of it's value.    But that may just be a problem in my head.

Doesn’t need anything, surprisingly comfortable and the handling was sublime, I used to destroy sports bikes on it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Doesn’t need anything, surprisingly comfortable and the handling was sublime, I used to destroy sports bikes on it.

I dare say, but I think part of my idea for a RE twin is using it like a large Meccano set and playing around with it.   I don't know if it is everywhere but round here most sports bikers have loud end cans pull away like lunatics all revs and noise then wobble around the corners.  Then get off and prance around in their power ranger suits, humps and scuffed knee pads when they got their knee down on a slow roundabout.    Bit sad really.   My scruffy mate with his Triumph Scrambler likes to show them up no problem.  Entertaining to watch.   

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Too tall for my short arse self!

I know that problem 🤣

21 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I struggle to understand how you didn’t find it cramped.