Laconia 2024

Besides the gps acting up the bike preformed like a champ...total millage I think is around 4k in 5 days...got caught in two thunderstorm ...the cruisetec tires being almost due to be replace ..I have to give a 9 out of 10..never felt any sigh of slippage...bought a little clip on bubble shield that clips on to my lid...that really worked well in the rain..30 bucks..I'll be spending the day washing the bike...she's a real mess..funny ...spend three days or riding in that area..not one bug splater...soon has I got about 100km from the Canadian border..it's like your running into a rain shower of bugs..not to sure what's up with that..I figure the American must spray something to kill the bugs ..

20240612_130743.jpg

20240612_181052.jpg

20240612_185104.jpg

20240612_185114.jpg

20240612_185250.jpg

20240612_130754.jpg

20240613_053318.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like quite a lot of air makes its way between the tank and the fairing.

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Looks like quite a lot of air makes its way between the tank and the fairing.

Vents are closeable...didn't bother ..had the rain gear on...the lower fairing really worked well...I have to say...

20240613_054553.jpg

20240613_054601.jpg

• Like 4

Notice something with the Harley crew Saturday...when we got caught in a few heavy down poor...most of them were sputtering when coming up to a stop..backfiring and stuff..they had on rain socks on their air cleaner ...didn't seem to be working...figure mine would be doing the same ...but no...the air intake is just above the lower fork clamp..it's like a ram air almost..must be the way it's designed..there was no sigh of it ingesting water...

• Like 3

I was checking out some seat options from the vendors..I think your just wasting money if you're trying to find something better has a better seat for the challenger...the stock seat is just perfect..they nailed it...it breaths and yet waterproof..wipe it and it's dry...super plush and comfy..500 plus miles yesterday and really no butt fatigue felt at all...was talking to a sale rep from saldeman..they had one on display..fancy stitching with perforated leather...I burst his bubble when I ask what about the rain...don't your butt get wet after you pull off your rain gear...lol...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well done @Marcel le Moose Fondler  , that's impressive mileage 👍

It's not all about mileage ...but unfortunately at the moment with one week at a time for holidays I haven't got much choice....can't wait to be retired and have more time to spend on the road...should be soon enough wyll I'm still capable of physically doing it...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

the stock seat is just perfect..they nailed it...it breaths and yet waterproof..wipe it and it's dry...super plush and comfy..500 plus miles yesterday and really no butt fatigue felt at all....

Had a Corbin Gunfighter seat on my V45 Sabre....back in '06 I did a trip down to AZ & back in 4 days....625 mile per day average. That was an awesome seat w/ just the right shape to alieve the butt fatigue.

MotoCampsite.thumb.jpg.a468ee09a6266f0f72eb2a9e0b0a8b29.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YamaHead said:

Had a Corbin Gunfighter seat on my V45 Sabre....back in '06 I did a trip down to AZ & back in 4 days....625 mile per day average. That was an awesome seat w/ just the right shape to alieve the butt fatigue.

How did it handle the rain...?

Buck is probably say I'm bias to indian now..but my two previous harleys seats were junk compared to what on the challenger...I could barely stand 

burning a tank of fuel before  getting off the dam thing...I kid you not...and those were the best touring bikes from harley...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

How did it handle the rain...?

Buck is probably say I'm bias to indian now..but my two previous harleys seats were junk compared to what on the challenger...I could barely stand durning a tank of fuel before getting off the dam thing...I kid you not...and those were the best touring bikes from harley...

I’m surprised you can feel anything with your arse after all your time in the woods with Billybob.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

I’m surprised you can feel anything with your arse after all your time in the woods with Billybob.

The idiot doesn't  even have a motorcycle license...Thank God...I can only stand him for a few winter months...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

The idiot doesn't  even have a motorcycle license...Thank God...I can only stand him for a few winter months...

Winter is the equivalent of a drunk dial at 3AM, then 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, YamaHead said:

I have a Corbin on my 950sm, best bike accessory I ever bought.

• Like 2