New to me 07 CBF600

Saul

Caught the 09:19 train to Newton Abbot this morning to collect the CBF600.  Uneventful journey on a pleasant GWR intercity type train.  I don’t know the right name for it but big green fecker will do.   Arrived at 10:53 and was picked up by the seller, Cornish fella called Rob.   Drove past Channing Wood Prison to Denbury to pay for and collect the bike.  
I am chuffed with the bike I got for £1100 with a full set of Givi boxes, heated grips, 31k miles with four services in the book.   Everything working, good tyres, never been dropped and sounding sweet.  What’s not to like for a work hack.  
Filled it up and rode the 62 miles home, pretty uneventful really.   The bike went better than I expected with a fair bit of zip when you get the revs up, obviously no competition to the Hornet in terms of power and handling but still pretty good nonetheless.  Very stable in windy weather and pretty comfortable.  
Of course as soon as I got home Chloe was desperate to go out for a spin so I headed up to Damerells to get her a sausage sandwich.   Unfortunately the cafe was closing just as we got there at 3 pm but I placated her with some Pringles and a tin of pop.   Then headed home so another 40 miles on the day.  
The bike came with this enormous top box, would have been right up Pete’s Strasse 🤣

IMG_2569.thumb.jpeg.25ddb9c29b8ffa79a332ffd18d429885.jpeg

Which I took off before we went to Damerells.  

Chloe has informed me that when she passes her test she wants it.    Her perch passed the arse ache test so she has given her approval 🤣.   
IMG_2562.thumb.jpeg.3159682233ef009a861466a4cb8e55e9.jpegIMG_2564.thumb.jpeg.8a7362f154912de77b1960f130361a75.jpegIMG_2565.thumb.jpeg.8d428daa86f5110db1b659a401b15837.jpegIMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.97d0e7fd372f9634607edf0d6a27ab6f.jpeg
I really enjoyed the day and am pleased with the bike for the money.  I also love the old school clocks but do miss having a fuel gauge and it has been years since I’ve had to count gears but it all came back to me quickly enough.  I have some obsessive cleaning to do but apart from that all I have to do is ride it. 
Good day. 👍

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Saul said:

Chloe has informed me that when she passes her test she wants it.  

The topcase or the bike?

those are pretty bulletproof bikes, aren’t they?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The topcase or the bike?

those are pretty bulletproof bikes, aren’t they?

Yeah I did some research before I bought it, hopefully several years service in it for me.  Bike, because it matches her riding gear 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I have done that, 102 so far from the tank but I am thinking around 200 before the light come on.  Have to wait and see.  😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Yeah I have done that, 102 so far from the tank but I am thinking around 200 before the light come on.  Have to wait and see.  😉

When i first had the CB1000 i rode it home from Canterbury and thought i'd run it until it hit reserve which it did at about 220 miles on a duel carriageway about 5 miles from my house turned it to reserve and the tank was empty had to get the wife to bring a gallon to me. When i got home and had a look at it someone had removed or lost the long pipe off the fuel tap so it was always on reserve. I had to get rescued another twice by the wife before i finally fixed it :classic_laugh:

• Haha 7

27 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When i first had the CB1000 i rode it home from Canterbury and thought i'd run it until it hit reserve which it did at about 220 miles on a duel carriageway about 5 miles from my house turned it to reserve and the tank was empty had to get the wife to bring a gallon to me. When i got home and had a look at it someone had removed or lost the long pipe off the fuel tap so it was always on reserve. I had to get rescued another twice by the wife before i finally fixed it :classic_laugh:

I bet she was delighted by the third time 🤣

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Saul said:

I bet she was delighted by the third time 🤣

She did ask what i was doing :classic_laugh: luckily every time i was on my way home and was close to the house

• Haha 2

I don't know why but there is something I really enjoy about going to collect a new bike from somewhere far away. Last one was Norwich, before that was north Wales ( that was a Sunday night in Jan, fecking frozen), im in Hampshire. I have bought a bike from Edinburgh ... but got that bought down in a van. 

That CBF looks lovely, hope you enjoy it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nute said:

I don't know why but there is something I really enjoy about going to collect a new bike from somewhere far away. Last one was Norwich, before that was north Wales ( that was a Sunday night in Jan, fecking frozen), im in Hampshire. I have bought a bike from Edinburgh ... but got that bought down in a van. 

That CBF looks lovely, hope you enjoy it. 

It was knackering but I had a great day yesterday, felt like a proper trip out type of adventure.  It's the first time I have been on a train in years and to be honest I bloody enjoyed it.   I hit it off with the seller too, ex BMW bike tech and a pretty interesting chap to boot.   He was selling the bike as his wife died recently and his life pretty much revolved around his two Jack Russells, so he has bought a caravan to holiday with them.   I asked him why he had a Honda rather than a BMW, his answer was reliability 😳.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Saul said:

Get a liter fuel bottle and run it dry then you'll know the maximum range for sure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saul said:

Caught the 09:19 train to Newton Abbot this morning to collect the CBF600.  Uneventful journey on a pleasant GWR intercity type train.  I don’t know the right name for it but big green fecker will do.   Arrived at 10:53 and was picked up by the seller, Cornish fella called Rob.   Drove past Channing Wood Prison to Denbury to pay for and collect the bike.  
I am chuffed with the bike I got for £1100 with a full set of Givi boxes, heated grips, 31k miles with four services in the book.   Everything working, good tyres, never been dropped and sounding sweet.  What’s not to like for a work hack.  
Filled it up and rode the 62 miles home, pretty uneventful really.   The bike went better than I expected with a fair bit of zip when you get the revs up, obviously no competition to the Hornet in terms of power and handling but still pretty good nonetheless.  Very stable in windy weather and pretty comfortable.  
Of course as soon as I got home Chloe was desperate to go out for a spin so I headed up to Damerells to get her a sausage sandwich.   Unfortunately the cafe was closing just as we got there at 3 pm but I placated her with some Pringles and a tin of pop.   Then headed home so another 40 miles on the day.  
The bike came with this enormous top box, would have been right up Pete’s Strasse 🤣

IMG_2569.thumb.jpeg.25ddb9c29b8ffa79a332ffd18d429885.jpeg

Which I took off before we went to Damerells.  

Chloe has informed me that when she passes her test she wants it.    Her perch passed the arse ache test so she has given her approval 🤣.   
IMG_2562.thumb.jpeg.3159682233ef009a861466a4cb8e55e9.jpegIMG_2564.thumb.jpeg.8a7362f154912de77b1960f130361a75.jpegIMG_2565.thumb.jpeg.8d428daa86f5110db1b659a401b15837.jpegIMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.97d0e7fd372f9634607edf0d6a27ab6f.jpeg
I really enjoyed the day and am pleased with the bike for the money.  I also love the old school clocks but do miss having a fuel gauge and it has been years since I’ve had to count gears but it all came back to me quickly enough.  I have some obsessive cleaning to do but apart from that all I have to do is ride it. 
Good day. 👍

Get the young un to do the cleaning after all it will probably end up as hers.

14 minutes ago, zzzak said:

Get the young un to do the cleaning after all it will probably end up as hers.

I am guessing you don't have teenage daughters.  😉

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Saul said:

Only other peoples but that was years ago.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Saul said:

Only the ones he grooms.

13 hours ago, Saul said:

Yeah I did some research before I bought it, hopefully several years service in it for me.  Bike, because it matches her riding gear 🤣

It would be a good first big bike for her, great to see she is already thinking that way, does your wife hate you yet?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buckster said:

It would be a good first big bike for her, great to see she is already thinking that way, does your wife hate you yet?

She can't say so very much Chloe has been on a horse since she was 6 years old.  Spiral fracture on her arm and all.   I had never thought about it but you are right it would be a perfect first bike for her when she passes her test.  Suppose i will have to research restrictor kits eventually.     Couple of years or so before I have to go down that route.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

She can't say so very much Chloe has been on a horse since she was 6 years old.  Spiral fracture on her arm and all.   I had never thought about it but you are right it would be a perfect first bike for her when she passes her test.  Suppose i will have to research restrictor kits eventually.     Couple of years or so before I have to go down that route.  

Is it injected?

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Isn´t your daughter's helmet too big, @Saul? Looks huge on her.

It's  a decent snug fit but she is tiny so it looks big on her.  

• Like 1