Third weekend of June

Thought id start one in the words of Pete (i just copied and pasted them )

It's not too bad here......

image.png.c4458a00d70aa5038c607c5ceeb21b9a.png

…..but I've got a busy couple of days fitting a fence.

dont think i'll get out on any of the bikes this weekend.

I don't suppose anybody's doing anything of interest though?

I know it's unlikely to be riding your bike.......but any old shit you can add to keep the board moving is OK.

Yes......we're that desperate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been in the garage today , put a new spark plug in the WR. Oil change as well and made a seal scraper to clean out one of the fork seals.

Dog walking tomorrow then beer and footy again.

• Like 2

Dragged all my tools out to fix the fist fence post to work from tomorrow and just as i started the heavens opened FFS, anyway its done now so good to go for tomorrow weather permitting of course  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I've been in the garage today , put a new spark plug in the WR. Oil change as well and made a seal scraper to clean out one of the fork seals.

Dog walking tomorrow then beer and footy again.

What was the oil like Bob 

Weather is touch and go for the weekend...thunderstorms warnings going off...if it rains I'll probably change the oil in the indian...when I picked up the indian oil yesterday my buddy John asked me to get him some tranz oil for his Harley...50 fucken dollars for 1 l. ..I guess it's the only oil that stops the transmission form wineing...

20240614_164228.jpg

• Like 2

Quietish weekend for me, working tonight up at Launceston Hospital.  Nothing much on Saturday, maybe some more obsessive new bike messing/cleaning.  Sunday working overnight but have to go to our Truro base to cover, I fucking hate it down there, nest of fucking vipers.   At least I will get my first couple of commutes on the CBF600.   

• Like 2

We have our son and his partner visiting us tomorrow,  most likely they will ask for money.

We hope to go to sis in laws (Mrs. Bucket 😂) on Sunday, i hope my back will stand the 40 mile round trip, the seats in the Dacia are rubbish.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Clive said:

We have our son and his partner visiting us tomorrow,  most likely they will ask for money.

We hope to go to sis in laws (Mrs. Bucket 😂) on Sunday, i hope my back will stand the 40 mile round trip, the seats in the Dacia are rubbish.

My Mrs test drove a Sandero a couple of years ago and she did comment that the seats weren't very good.  In fact the Duster wasn't much better.  She decided to stick with her old BMW, which to be fair has been fauless for the last 3 years.  Won't mention what happened before that 😥.  

• Like 2

My Dacia is 2013 year. The seats have very little lateral support, and the seat base is the worst part. No support for my legs, all my weight is taken up on my ass, which does my back no favours, even when it is not playing me up...

• Like 2

Getting out on Sunday on ‘a’ bike but not ‘my’ bike……….a mate of mine has an elderly Kawasaki VN800 that he just isn’t riding so he asked me to take it out for the day!

I’m going to head out with a couple of other mates on their custom bikes so it will not be fast but hey, it’s fecking roasting here now so I’m happy to put on a denim waistcoat and bimble about. 🤣

I’ve ridden it a few times over the years and it’s quite nice to ride as far as custom style bikes are concerned. However, I look as gay-as-fuck on it. 🤣🤣

IMG_1222.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What was the oil like Bob 

Absolutely fine , no sign of any water ingress 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Weather is touch and go for the weekend...thunderstorms warnings going off...if it rains I'll probably change the oil in the indian...when I picked up the indian oil yesterday my buddy John asked me to get him some tranz oil for his Harley...50 fucken dollars for 1 l. ..I guess it's the only oil that stops the transmission form wineing...

20240614_164228.jpg

Wineing tranz? That sounds woke!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skippy said:

Getting out on Sunday on ‘a’ bike but not ‘my’ bike……….a mate of mine has an elderly Kawasaki VN800 that he just isn’t riding so he asked me to take it out for the day!

I’m going to head out with a couple of other mates on their custom bikes so it will not be fast but hey, it’s fecking roasting here now so I’m happy to put on a denim waistcoat and bimble about. 🤣

I’ve ridden it a few times over the years and it’s quite nice to ride as far as custom style bikes are concerned. However, I look as gay-as-fuck on it. 🤣🤣

IMG_1222.jpeg

It’s 2024, be happy living your truth!

• Haha 4

Screenshot2024-06-15at09_00_21.thumb.png.4dcf7f03fb2bc9b099d6e2aed491817d.png

Wonder if I can talk Mandi into getting the bikes out this morn? Looks like this weathers here to stay for the next week.
Need to spend some time sort stuff for the festival trip at some point.

• Like 3

Well that commute took the romance of riding my bike to work, pissed down all the way there last night and stupid gusts of wind all the way across the Moor on the way home.     Enjoying the bike though smooth, comfy and very easy to ride.   It maybe the placebo effect but it seems to be riding better each time, but it was laid up for 6 months before I bought it.    I know one thing those cupped tyres have to go, some very annoying tram lining in the wet.  I was sort of going to tough it out until October when it’s MoT and service are due but am rethinking that if the summer is going to be a washout.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Skippy said:

IMG_1222.jpeg

Is that a really small bike or are you just a giant of a man. ?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

20240614_164228.jpg

tranz oil for a Harley rider ...

Canadian Lol GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Is that a really small bike or are you just a giant of a man. ?

Apparently I’m average in every dept 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 A trick of the lens mate 😝

I went around to his this afternoon and collected it……..fuck me, the brakes are awful, it’s like trying to steer a tanker and it feels like it weighs 20 tonnes……. I’m sure it used to be better than that?

Tomorrow beckons 😱

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Apparently I’m average in every dept 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 A trick of the lens mate 😝

I went around to his this afternoon and collected it……..fuck me, the brakes are awful, it’s like trying to steer a tanker and it feels like it weighs 20 tonnes……. I’m sure it used to be better than that?

Tomorrow beckons 😱

When were the tyre pressures last checked

• Like 1

Fucking weather has been shite today one minute i getting sunburnt and the next it's lashing down made my job today twice as long. I'm as far as i can go with the fence today 
Old temporary fence or whats left of it that's been there since 2018
IMG_2551.thumb.JPG.5a1fc9d06c1e227814a54c2b73a14aa7.JPG

New fence i'm worn out now and my feet are killing me from all the toing and froing 

IMG_E2553.thumb.JPG.c6b87f0d02df358abee917108d7d28cc.JPG

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Fucking weather has been shite today one minute i getting sunburnt and the next it's lashing down made my job today twice as long. I'm as far as i can go with the fence today 

New fence i'm worn out now and my feet are killing me from all the toing and froing 

Vast improvement. Mrs on side now?   😉👍

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Nice 👍 

We have similar although I put that up over 15 years ago 

IMG_1096.thumb.jpeg.2cd238bb36979c0a35f82dc6a1ae15fc.jpeg

• Like 1