Tyres

Saul

I’m going to get a new set of tyres for my CBF600.   It’s been years since I’ve bought such a thing so am out of touch with what is good or bad.  I’m not going to be scratching about just want something safe a durable for my commute to work.   I’ve got the Hornet if I want to tear about even thought that is rare.   
So I suppose I’m looking at sports touring tyres.   Any recommendations? 

13 minutes ago, Saul said:

I’m going to get a new set of tyres for my CBF600.   It’s been years since I’ve bought such a thing so am out of touch with what is good or bad.  I’m not going to be scratching about just want something safe a durable for my commute to work.   I’ve got the Hornet if I want to tear about even thought that is rare.   
So I suppose I’m looking at sports touring tyres.   Any recommendations? 

These are a good all around tire Saul...they are not a dirt tire...strictly street..

Screenshot_20240616_052454_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Avon Cobra 

Avon! 😲......maybe their bike tyres are good?

I put a pair of Avon Viper Strykes on my T Max, marvelous in the dry, but at the slightest sign of moisture or a wet road it became a very interesting ride to say the least.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

I put a pair of Avon Viper Strykes on my T Max, marvelous in the dry, but at the slightest sign of moisture or a wet road it became a very interesting ride to say the least.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2022/november/avon-tyres-closure/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clive said:

Last time i had a set of Avon tyres on a bike it was my VFR, when going into a bend i had to really push on the handlebars to get it to drop into a bend they were hard work. when they wore out which wasn't long i put some Michelin tyres on there, first bend i went into i almost crashed because i set myself up to ride like i had the Avon's on there but the bike just dropped into bends with the Michelins on its own and didn't need the extra effort i was putting in, that was 30 years ago though perhaps they have changed now. I always used Bridgestone's on my CB 

• Like 3

Got to talking to a guy on the tyre shop the other day, he was putting a set of Michelin Road 6 on his cbf1000. He said that he rides everyday and during winter there is no other tire he wants since he tried the Road 5 for the first time, 4 sets so far and he won’t want anything else.

Porto has a very slippery motorway style road, and lots of cobblestones inside the city, it’s slippery when it rains there.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Got to talking to a guy on the tyre shop the other day, he was putting a set of Michelin Road 6 on his cbf1000. He said that he rides everyday and during winter there is no other tire he wants since he tried the Road 5 for the first time, 4 sets so far and he won’t want anything else.

Porto has a very slippery motorway style road, and lots of cobblestones inside the city, it’s slippery when it rains there.

Funnily enough Michelin Road 5's are the standard tyre on my Hornet and I can't fault them, bloody good in all conditions, I also checked and Michelin Road 2's were the OEM tyres on the CBF600.  So I think I have my answer.  I can get a set of 5's for the CBF600 for around £250, bit more than I thought but probably worth it in the end.  

• Like 3

Think I've still got pilot road 3s on the TDM, can't fault them till they get down in the tread.
Have to see what's on the tracer as they've now done over 10,000 although the rear won't be long for changing now.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Buckster said:

The motorcycle tyre business was bought by Goodyear in 2022.

Cooper tyres bought the race tyre division but that's gone as well now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Cooper tyres bought the race tyre division but that's gone as well now.

I think that has been bought by Nova Motorsports.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I think that has been bought by Nova Motorsports.

We couldn't get any supply anymore for the race bikes so we've moved onto Continental and Pirelli now .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

We couldn't get any supply anymore for the race bikes so we've moved onto Continental and Pirelli now .

If Goodyear don’t continue the Cobra Chrome then I will probably look at Dunlop American Elite, I am hearing that people are having a lot of issues with vibration from Michelin Commander III’s.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Buckster said:

If Goodyear don’t continue the Cobra Chrome then I will probably look at Dunlop American Elite, I am hearing that people are having a lot of issues with vibration from Michelin Commander III’s.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

13 hours ago, Six30 said:

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

The chrome is something you use to watch the internet.

Also, my theory is that all Michelins with a III are shit.

On 16/06/2024 at 19:10, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Gay...those are for cruiser idiot...lol.

Well he is a Gay cruiser idiot, what did you expect ?

On 16/06/2024 at 11:11, Saul said:

Funnily enough Michelin Road 5's are the standard tyre on my Hornet and I can't fault them, bloody good in all conditions, I also checked and Michelin Road 2's were the OEM tyres on the CBF600.  So I think I have my answer.  I can get a set of 5's for the CBF600 for around £250, bit more than I thought but probably worth it in the end.  

Booked into Colin Flashman's Motorcycles for Michelin Road 5's £232 for the set fitted.  😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New boots.   I know it’s obvious but new rubber certainly gives a noticeable transformation.   Not that I was attempting any heroics on brand new fresh rubber but massive improvement. 

IMG_2730.jpeg

• Like 4