Those Chinese …

Six30

When I was but a callow youth the Japs turned up with their bikes and I got a Suzuki T500 instead of a used Triumph, the Triumph guys weren't happy but they were fuckwits anyway and had to ride British bikes due to being club members but many of them told me that they wished that they had never joined the club because British is best and the zing zings wouldn't last and now look at the market.

• Like 3

At some point the Chinese bikes will meet the quality and reliability standards that Europe requires and then it will be game over for the japs. It is possible that some of the Chinese bikes have already reached this standard but they need to be proven over time.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Buckster said:

At some point the Chinese bikes will meet the quality and reliability standards that Europe requires and then it will be game over for the japs. It is possible that some of the Chinese bikes have already reached this standard but they need to be proven over time.

I think that is spot on and I do think the same will be true with budget mainstream cars and commercials.  

• Like 1