New rubber for the fat girl

Changing out my rear tire...don't even have to remove the muflers...you remove a suspension pin held in place with a snap ring and the whole swing arm drops below the muflers giving you access to the axle nut...now why didn't harley think of that...lol.

20240620_064531.jpg

20240620_064549.jpg

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Just got to remove rear caliper and axle nut...I'll finish it tonight after work....

There is quite a lot of cupping on that tyre.

1 hour ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Changing out my rear tire...don't even have to remove the muflers...you remove a suspension pin held in place with a snap ring and the whole swing arm drops below the muflers giving you access to the axle nut...now why didn't harley think of that...lol.

20240620_064531.jpg

20240620_064549.jpg

Square tyres … straight line fanny .

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

There is quite a lot of cupping on that tyre.

You know I change alot of bikes tires at the shop...mostly harleys and I've rarely seen that don't scallop...here's one from yesterday next to mine.

20240620_084032.jpg

20240620_084042.jpg

20240620_084047.jpg

• Like 1

I have only ever seen excessive cupping on a front tyre and I am certain it was caused by running for about 100 miles on a scraped road in Texas. Other than that I only ever see moderate cupping on tyres that are close to the end of life but again more front than rear. It will be interesting to see how the Cobra Chromes end up especially with the new shocks which have resulted in the last of the chicken strips disappearing.

2 hours ago, Buckster said:

I have only ever seen excessive cupping on a front tyre and I am certain it was caused by running for about 100 miles on a scraped road in Texas. Other than that I only ever see moderate cupping on tyres that are close to the end of life but again more front than rear. It will be interesting to see how the Cobra Chromes end up especially with the new shocks which have resulted in the last of the chicken strips disappearing.

I've had this tire ordered since last summer...16k I could have probably pushed it a little more but it's down to the warning mark..and still got a few long rides to do before the end of summer....good tire..excellent on the wet ..smooth running tire ...steady don't follow crack in the road...I did put it to some abuse ..I've lite up the rear tire a few times ..have to say...

1 minute ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I've had this tire ordered since last summer...16k I could have probably pushed it a little more but it's down to the warning mark..and still got a few long rides to do before the end of summer....good tire..excellent on the wet ..smooth running tire ...steady don't follow crack in the road...I did put it to some abuse ..I've lite up the rear tire a few times ..have to say...

What tyre are you fitting?

If it cups again ...I'll try something else next time..and see...like I said ..I changed alot of bike tires at the shop...American elite...Harley brand dunlop..Michelin...they all show sigh of cuping...

Your such a fucken idiot...lol.

Ha ha, you checked it though.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

It's are roads ...design to have less curves has possible...not so fun for bikes..

Gay

• Haha 2

Don't worry I double and triple check before mounting it on the rim...lol. 

Then you checked it again after I said that.

Well tire is on the bike ...the speed sensor was a little bitch to slide in place...it acts also has a spacer...just got be careful not to pry it or smack it...adjusted the drive belt also...it was running a little to one side...

20240620_173340.jpg

20240620_174009.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Well tire is on the bike ...the speed sensor was a little bitch to slide in place...it acts also has a spacer...just got be careful not to pry it or smack it...adjusted the drive belt also...it was running a little to one side...

20240620_173340.jpg

20240620_174009.jpg

That’s a properly ugly fender when not behind the sidecases!