New rubber for the fat girl

2 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Wrong kind of plug...that looks like and anal plug ?

Stop fantasising about me, although probably better me than other people you have been fantasising about recently.

• Haha 3

This is not really a long term owner review on the challenger..since I only purchased the thing last July..but it's about to turn over to 17 thousand km...other than a bad battery it's been trouble free...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The bike almost left me stranded lastnight...temp dropped a little after work so I decided to take a little ride in town...when I started it...noticed my headlight was acting funny..check the voltage and it was charging above 15 volts ...few km down the road the dash screen went blank and a few seconds after that the bike shut completely off wyll I was riding...checked the onboard diagnostic and this code appeared....said to myself Fuck !!!!   Was ready to trailler it this morning to the dealer...still had the original battery...started thinking why would it be over charging...charge up the original battery stuck it in the bike...everything is fine now...I'm getting ridd of that lithium battery...I think there fucken junk...

20240720_041503.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

The bike almost left me stranded lastnight...temp dropped a little after work so I decided to take a little ride in town...when I started it...noticed my headlight was acting funny..check the voltage and it was charging above 15 volts ...few km down the road the dash screen went blank and a few seconds after that the bike shut completely off wyll I was riding...checked the onboard diagnostic and this code appeared....said to myself Fuck !!!!   Was ready to trailler it this morning to the dealer...still had the original battery...started thinking why would it be over charging...charge up the original battery stuck it in the bike...everything is fine now...I'm getting ridd of that lithium battery...I think there fucken junk...

20240720_041503.jpg

What brand was it?

The battery guy I bought my current one represents Exide. He told me that lithium works wonders most of the time, but when they fail they often do it with no warning whatsoever. I left mine a few weeks without running, but even still the bike had absolutely no power at all, it was like no battery was connected to it. For reliable use with no chance of issues, more so if traveling to far away, he really advised against them, and he had all three kinds available in stock.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

What brand was it?

The battery guy I bought my current one represents Exide. He told me that lithium works wonders most of the time, but when they fail they often do it with no warning whatsoever. I left mine a few weeks without running, but even still the bike had absolutely no power at all, it was like no battery was connected to it. For reliable use with no chance of issues, more so if traveling to far away, he really advised against them, and he had all three kinds available in stock.

A noco lithium....first one failed like yours did...completely no power...this time causing the bike to over charge...I'm taking it to the battery shop and getting a full refund...they are crap if you ask me...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

A noco lithium....first one failed like yours did...completely no power...this time causing the bike to over charge...I'm taking it to the battery shop and getting a full refund...they are crap if you ask me...

Check the bike is charging ok now I've read horror stories of the alternator burning out when the batteries go into safe mode and switch off. This was with bikes that weren't designed to take a Lithium battery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Check the bike is charging ok now I've read horror stories of the alternator burning out when the batteries go into safe mode and switch off. This was with bikes that weren't designed to take a Lithium battery.

Yes it's charging fine now...14.1 max..it was over 16v lastnight with the lithium...that battery has been there for a few month and ran for a good 5 thousand km...think something must have went wrong with the battery itself...inside...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Yes it's charging fine now...14.1 max..it was over 16v lastnight with the lithium...that battery has been there for a few month and ran for a good 5 thousand km...think something must have went wrong with the battery itself...inside...

Did the bike come with a Lithium battery from new or a lead acid 

6 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

It came with a led battery...

Lithium batteries have a specific way of being charged to prevent damage and charge them correctly so maybe the charging system on the Indian doesn't meet that  spec, i will only put a lithium battery on a vehicle that came with one from the factory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Lithium batteries have a specific way of being charged to prevent damage and charge them correctly so maybe the charging system on the Indian doesn't meet that  spec, i will only put a lithium battery on a vehicle that came with one from the factory.

I'm with you on this one now..it was my first experience with lithium batteries....just glad I didn't fry anything wyll it was over charging....think they don't hold up well to vibration and road shock...being that's it's a dry battery...

Indian pile of shit. My Harley is running well with the lithium, but the bike is better designed than that modified snow mobile.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Indian pile of shit. My Harley is running well with the lithium, but the bike is better designed than that modified snow mobile.

Oh look what I have found...a Harley Davidson snowmobile...lol...give it some time dickweed...yours is just a ticking time bomb...mark my words...it's true that you don't ride much...so it will probably take just a little longer to fail...

Screenshot_20240721_075633_Google.jpg

• Haha 1

Serious question, did you have it on the battery tender while you were not using the bike?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Buckster said:

No why....the bike sits no more than one week without it running...

• Like 1

I just heard that lithiums are wrecked by holding them to 100% charge, I use my bike nearly every day so it isn't an issue for me, if I do have a problem though, it is your fault.

• Haha 3

On 20/07/2024 at 11:08, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

should have got a yuasa

6 hours ago, Buckster said:

I just heard that lithiums are wrecked by holding them to 100% charge, I use my bike nearly every day so it isn't an issue for me, if I do have a problem though, it is your fault.

If I'm not mistaken your bike came with a AMF rectifier from snowmobiles parts when amf bought out harley...those are compatible with noco lithium...

13 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

If I'm not mistaken your bike came with a AMF rectifier from snowmobiles parts when amf bought out harley...those are compatible with noco lithium...

So you are admitting that your bikes charging system is very badly designed. That’s the first step on the road to enlightenment.