4th Weekend of June

Buckster

Are any of you losers doing anything other than having gay orgies in Canadian motels?

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Are any of you losers doing anything other than having gay orgies in Canadian motels?

I told Eric lastnight...if Rachel doesn't see a problem with us sharing one room ...you sleep with Albert and I'll sleep with Rachel...lol...I think they both got the picture...lol.

• Haha 5

Nothing doing this weekend (as usual 😂)..... going for a 4 day break near Scarborough on Monday....just got to get scoot (and tools) through the patio doors into the spare room this weekend.

• Like 3

I have a manic weekend coming up as my singing group is holding a music festival/event up at the rugby club.  Spent several hours last night setting things up.    Much more going on as well as the singing but I am only involved in the singing side.  I am supposed to be working tonight but I don't think I have a clinician so may not have to go in but haven't had the word yet.   Tomorrow I have to be up the club for 2:00pm which will be squeaky if I have to work but easy if not.  Sunday night working for sure.    Plus I also have obsessively cleaned both my bikes today 😎

lk2.jpg.a1b7bb90740ef64389cc6f8644a6a75e.jpglk1.thumb.jpg.87ad653cced84198f10708480544949f.jpglk4.jpg.ce51b5c50fb8fd22530a7fcd41f93dd2.jpglk3.thumb.jpg.01d36267e6de5fda94fd2ad4537ab9a0.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

The 'Wandering Elderberries' sound cool :classic_cool:

Funnily enough I have been in all of those groups.   I left the Elderberries in February, good bunch of lads but I was just overcommitted.   All acapella harmony singing tho mate, no budding Eric Clapton's.  Well the Wreckers may abuse some instruments but definitely no rock.  🤣  I think we have a Female line dancing group turning up as well to sing and dance which is going to be interesting to say the least.  They are not on the poster because it was a last minute thing.  🤠

• Like 2

Moto Marshalling a triathlon again on Sunday. Won't be in any Canuckistan hotel rooms though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Woohoo just had the call and I don't have to work tonight so a good night's sleep for tomorrow's antics.    😎

• Like 3

Still damp after last nights rain so have to hang about for things to dry out before i start painting, fuck i sound like Pete planning a ride on his bike

• Haha 3

We are off to Cardiff in a couple of hours .  Going to the Welsh National Opera to see Il Trittico (Puccini) .  Later on we are meeting up with one of Paolo's friends (Domini) , she used to play Viola in the WNO but is retired now.

I just hope it's not the usual clusterf*ck on the M4 around the Brynglas tunnels.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

We are off to Cardiff in a couple of hours .  Going to the Welsh National Opera to see Il Trittico (Puccini) .  Later on we are meeting up with one of Paolo's friends (Domini) , she used to play Viola in the WNO but is retired now.

I just hope it's not the usual clusterf*ck on the M4 around the Brynglas tunnels.

Enjoy the drive Bob lol

image.png.264c7efbbb29ba7295ea33571cc19ffd.png

• Haha 2

I do believe Fred said the darkness were good live, I can now confirm this. Went for the fun factor but what a collection of tracks they belted out. Touched on a led zep track or 2 as well.

• Like 3

it is the "fete de la Musique" this weekend in France, it happens every year on 21st June so loads of free concerts and bands all over the shop. a mate of mine was playing in a pub in auxerre with his group "The Biten Boys" ( which, when pronounced in French is "Les Bites en bois" which I will leave you to translate for yourselves...😅 so Mrs Moon and N°1 daughter went there for the evening while I drove to Paris, wandered around the 12th arrondissement for a couple of hours and then slept for 2more ours in the car in an underground car park before driving home.  

I should maybe mention that, during this time, the twins were at a Doja Cat concert at the Accor Arena Bercy... 😁 I have gained do many hero points by driving them there and back and waiting around that it was worth it 😇

Also, everybody should drive to and from Paris for an evening from time to time, simply to remind them how lucky they are to NOT live there and have to deal with the fucking parisians on a regular basis. 

Yesterday I hid inside from the apalling weather, but today I will be out on the bike I reckon.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well my groups day of song went like a charm, over 100 singers and a crowd of just over 500, many more outside the marquee.  All food sold out, don't know numbers for beer sales yet but pretty sure there were plenty.  Been a bit jaded today and I reckong my voice has dropped an octave.  Great day though and as far as I can tell everybody happy.  

shout1.jpg

shout2.jpg

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Saul said:

Well my groups day of song went like a charm, over 100 singers and a crowd of just over 500, many more outside the marquee.  All food sold out, don't know numbers for beer sales yet but pretty sure there were plenty.  Been a bit jaded today and I reckong my voice has dropped an octave.  Great day though and as far as I can tell everybody happy.  

shout1.jpg

shout2.jpg

Deliverance Dueling Banjos GIF

1 hour ago, Saul said:

shout1.jpg

shout2.jpg

I see your shadow tried getting in on the act :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

I see your shadow tried getting in on the act :classic_laugh:

She won't admit it but she loves the singing and knew the words to everything we sang.  I think the chance of a Rattler drew her along though 😉

• Like 2

On 22/06/2024 at 11:04, boboneleg said:

id rather sit in traffic for 4 hours than go watch opera 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

He probably did on the way to the Opera 

Only the usual slow traffic through the tunnels but that new road from Rover Way through to the Bay is ace 👍

• Like 1