Advice .. thoughts

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I disagree , I've adjusted the tickover on mine with that screw and it worked fine.   I know in USA you have drill out a lock screw in some bikes as they are factory set but it's not the same on UK bikes.

Just been out on it for half an hour/40 mins and it didn’t do it , hopefully adjusting tick over has helped … 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It looks mean in that shot :classic_cool:

i had just bunny hopped it over that big log..

Baking Broadway Musical GIF by Waitress The Musical

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Si it's a primitive injection system...no tps..?   

Haven't you got a liscen nuts to torque on your vibrator ?...lol

It’s the idle screw, it is a cable operated throttle, it even has a thumb wheel on it.

• Like 3

I still think it will be the mass airflow sensor and the fault will return.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buckster said:

It’s the idle screw, it is a cable operated throttle, it even has a thumb wheel on it.

When I read injection...though it was something similar to my current bikes ...wich are all throttle by wire bikes..

14 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

When I read injection...though it was something similar to my current bikes ...wich are all throttle by wire bikes..

It’s okay, it’s clear you are one of those people that are not mechanically minded so you cannot work basic stuff out even when there is a clear photo.

IMG_3530.jpeg

When you see this you just think it is some sort of magic where the rest of us see what it is, just as well you are not a mechanic, your customers would be fucked.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Buckster said:

It’s okay, it’s clear you are one of those people that are not mechanically minded so you cannot work basic stuff out even when there is a clear photo.

IMG_3530.jpeg

When you see this you just think it is some sort of magic where the rest of us see what it is, just as well you are not a mechanic, your customers would be fucked.

I tend not to read the entire thread or look at every pictures...I'm a busy man...unlike you...lol...who has anything else  better to do...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

I still think it will be the mass airflow sensor and the fault will return.

wont hurt to to take it off and give it a clean,  ... will contact cleaner do it or have seen cans of MAF cleaner... same thing ?

Just now, Six30 said:

wont hurt to to take it off and give it a clean,  ... will contact cleaner do it or have seen cans of MAF cleaner... same thing ?

Halfords contact cleaner, just don’t touch the sensor inside, rinse it out until it runs clear then let it dry for an hour before putting it back on.

• Like 4

Can’t even see mass air flow sensor …  know where it roughly  should be and what it looks like … cant find nothing on the net where its exact location is …

im going to phone my mechanic fella … the cunts hard to get hold of though , he’s pretty much stoned all the time, he only turns up if i tell him I got lemonade , chocolate biscuits and crisps .

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Can’t even see mass air flow sensor …  know where it roughly  should be and what it looks like … cant find nothing on the net where its exact location is …

im going to phone my mechanic fella … the cunts hard to get hold of though , he’s pretty much stoned all the time, he only turns up if i tell him I got lemonade , chocolate biscuits and crisps .

Sounds like one of Bucksters friends...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Looks like this chunk
image.png.c57d77200072f0a29455bb0f6df67b80.png

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Looks like this chunk
image.png.c57d77200072f0a29455bb0f6df67b80.png

yeh..know what it looks like and roughly where it should be , cant see it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Any help for you 

image.png.3e3c3f46379669fecdc4ff2e52effbb0.png 
image.png.6ccf6c013213a57efc845969234d21be.png

ive come indoors now ... i'll have another look tomorrow 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I'd sell that yami...and get yourself a proper bike like the 890 adventure..

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

If the cam lasts 1200 miles then it would be fine for about ten years.

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

update on the cutting out shit... been out all afternoon and it didn,t do it... after replacing plug and air filter and upping tickover ... it done it once when i was nearly home last time out .. i upped tickover a touch more while bike was warm before putting bike away... today it was fine so hopefully sorted.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

update on the cutting out shit... been out all afternoon and it didn,t do it... after replacing plug and air filter and upping tickover ... it done it once when i was nearly home last time out .. i upped tickover a touch more while bike was warm before putting bike away... today it was fine so hopefully sorted.

What RPM is the tick over at now hopefully not 3000RPM LOL

• Haha 2