I'll be frank about what KTM...

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

WelshWeekend009.jpg.dfc0c5663843f54ed348b391d05ff099.jpg

Oh she's a dirty girl...lol.

I don't know if I ever mentioned this...but I originally bought and orange one...was waiting patiently for the release of the 950...I skip the first year model 2003 I think..at the time the closest dealer selling them was located in Montreal..about a thousand km away..I made all of the arrangements over the phone ..payed for the pdi the works....when I got to the dealer this black one was sitting in the showcase window right has you entered the door...I fell in love...told them I want the black one...so I ended paying for two pdi...lol.

• Like 1

I rode it home...with in the first 100km I had it going 200kmp...the titanium headers pipes turned into this beautiful rainbow of colours instantly before my eyes...that's how it was broken in...lol.

5 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Not a statement normally associated with KTM.

He sold it because he didn't want to risk it, though

The Boss Sport GIF by UFC

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

He sold it because he didn't want to risk it, though

The Boss Sport GIF by UFC

Actually it was just getting to old ...every coolant lines needed to ro replace..was probably due for another pump seal...chain tensionner was getting noisy...nothing that couldn't be fixed...I just didn't have the time or cared to work on it...I find I do enough wrenching during the day ..and I try to do has much has little now...

I do regret selling it now...who knows maybe in 15 to 20 years time  a fully intact 950 could possibly be worth something to someone...

I actually sold it to a fellow that lives in the next town over...was talking to him yesterday...he's having trouble with it....runs but when he shuts it off...it's difficult to get going again...told him to bring it and I would take a look...don't know if he's gonna bring it...but it sounds like a bad fuel pump...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I don’t know if KTM can handle Marcel now being Frank

Another username change?

20 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Another username change?

I don’t think it fits him, but he said so in the thread title 

20 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don’t think it fits him, but he said so in the thread title 

Maybe “Frank the bummer”.

9 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I rode it home...with in the first 100km I had it going 200kmp...the titanium headers pipes turned into this beautiful rainbow of colours instantly before my eyes...that's how it was broken in...lol.

ok Frank 

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Something that rhymes with Frank ...

Frank the ...

Just now, Six30 said:

Frank the ...

Were you thinking of “tank”.

10 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Frank the ...

Frank the moosefuckingbumrapingpoopipepiratecocksuckingmanloving wank sort of rhymes 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Frank the moosefuckingbumrapingpoopipepiratecocksuckingmanloving wank sort of rhymes 

Is there anyway we can shorten my user name ?   When ever I look at the home page...my user take the place of 3...

• Haha 1

Interesting development....just learn the owner of 950 might be interested to selling  it....I'm having ideas....has a project bike ...put it in storage...and when I retire...could be a winter project....if you had a chance of buying a 950 that wasn't trashed for 2 Canadian grand ...would you. ?

48 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Were you thinking of “tank”.

no ...no i wasn't

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I have a feeling that would win the poll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Interesting development....just learn the owner of 950 might be interested to selling  it....I'm having ideas....has a project bike ...put it in storage...and when I retire...could be a winter project....if you had a chance of buying a 950 that wasn't trashed for 2 Canadian grand ...would you. ?

Yes, do it. Get it running and sell that nasty 1290.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Buckster said:

Reminds me of that joke,

Guy says his name was Marcel le moose fondler but he finally had it changed. 

Person in the bar answered: oh great, good for you, that was a horrible name that implied you were into some dodgy things with moose! What did you change it to?

He replied with a self content smile: Frank le moose fondler!

high five GIF by Wilson Tennis

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

Yes, do it. Get it running and sell that nasty 1290.

This is what I'm thinking...I'm asking 18500 for the 1290 ..I've heard he might be looking for a newer one....think it's the only way I'll get rid of the 1290...been on the market for a month now  and not one single bite ...gonna ask him 15000 flat with the 950 in trade...first I have to have a look at the 950 to make sure sure he didn't trash it...

• Like 2

After looking the bike over for damage...it's pretty well intact..just like I sold it....it's got a bad fuel pump...it didn't run last summer...so I have no idea the state of the carburetors...gaz in the tank still smells fresh...I've went ahead and place a fuel pump on order....and I got all of the goodie with it...

20240705_153639.jpg

20240705_153645.jpg

• Like 2