First weekend in July

Buckster

So what are you lot doing, the weather forecast isn't good here but I have loads to do anyway, not limited to getting a picture of our new Prime Minister up in the library next to the picture of the King.

Oh I just realised, I don't have a library. I'll have beer instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rain, Motogp sprint, F1 qualifying. Shopping.

Refitted the old oxygen sensor and cleared the code. Been to Beccles for some sausages in the week and no code returned but I've also fitted a 42 tooth rear replacing the 45 to the tracer, think it's messed something up as I can only use the cruise control in top gear. Basted electronics.

• Like 3

Wet here as well so no painting for me, last thing i done was repair the cement cap on the chimney and paint it, while up there my mate that used to have the Beta paid me a visit with his drone annoying twat lol and the TV aerial bit my head which was nice 

Photo complete with builders bum :classic_laugh:

WhatsAppImage2024-07-01at18_56.09_c4e60407.jpg.6c8c5352b5157f296e266919279d328c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Worked last night but jibbed on taking the bike as it was thunder and lightning.  Singing over the Fowey Community Centre at 3 pm.  Working tomorrow night but hoping to get out on the bike tomorrow day.     

Fuck that Fred I don't do heights 😳

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Weather not looking good...I'll be messing around with the 950...looking at it...to see if it needs anything else than a fuel pump.

A taller rider.

• Haha 2

Marcel messing about with his 950 reminded me i haven't started the old Africa Twin in a while, It fires up ok but at quarter throttle its popping and banging like a strip of fire crackers so carbs off again to clean the pilot jets ffs

All back together again and running fine if there's a break in the weather i shall have a spin around the block

WhatsAppImage2024-07-06at13_47.07_bae32a8b.thumb.jpg.a6ffb52f247425821b243b37e2c71bdd.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Marcel messing about with his 950 reminded me i haven't started the old Africa Twin in a while, It fires up ok but at quarter throttle its popping and banging like a strip of fire crackers so carbs off again to clean the pilot jets ffs

All back together again and running fine if there's a break in the weather i shall have a spin around the block

WhatsAppImage2024-07-06at13_47.07_bae32a8b.thumb.jpg.a6ffb52f247425821b243b37e2c71bdd.jpg

Nice one Fred, that bike is still looking good , I also noticed the Vessel screwdriver :classic_cool:

• Like 1

Been for a walk with the dogs down the park while dodging the showers.  No more work on the Donkey today, waiting on a fuel cap .

Football, beer and pizza later .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What year is that Fred  ?

Just now, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

That's a collector piece Fred

It's getting there, it's getting on my nerves having to strip the carbs off when i forget to start it for a few months but after riding it today it's forgiven again lol

It's getting there, it's getting on my nerves having to strip the carbs off when i forget to start it for a few months but after riding it today it's forgiven again lol

Commond problem with those carbs?

22 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Commond problem with those carbs?

No, just the shit petrol they sell here now.

• Like 2

Fred, have you tried putting a fuel stabilizer in the tank when it's stood up ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Fred, have you tried putting a fuel stabilizer in the tank when it's stood up ?

No i haven't not sure if that will help or not the pilot jets are really small so doesn't take much for them to gum up, it doesn't happen on the XR or the dog and they have been left just as long on times

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Only since this new fuel came out 

Ever try this stuff...Sea Foam ? I've yet to be forced to disables carbs cause of gummed up jets...and the bike sitts for 6 months most years without starting...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

What's with your fuel ?  To much ethanol ?

I only use E5 petrol which has 5% Ethanol, the E10 has 10% Ethanol. I read somewhere the older version of E5 could contain up to 5% ethanol but but not all of it did but now it does have 5% which shows when the bike is left for a while. The bike will still run on the same fuel that was in the tank it doesn't go off as in your engine wont run on it,

Spent the morning out playing with the CBF.   Feeling a little tender from yesterdays efforts over the community centre with a bar and some very nice people plying me with Doom Bar.  Wouldn't have been a bad morning to go out for a bimble but not today.    Absolutely messing around with minor stuff just put on a USB charger and changed back to the standard screen for an experiment.  No issues with the taller screen just want to see what the standard one is like with that little defletor thing.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

You still have Buckster nakitt body in mind...?

Weirdo

• Haha 1