Harley-Davidson Factory Racer Kyle Wyman Claims King of the Baggers Points Lead

Harley-Davidson Factory Racer Kyle Wyman Claims King of the Baggers Points Lead
Harley-Davidson Factory Racer Kyle Wyman Claims King of the Baggers Points Lead (Harley-Davidson/)

Harley-Davidson Press Release:

Harley-Davidson® Factory Racing rider Kyle Wyman took over the MotoAmerica® Mission King of the Baggers points lead with a dominating win on Saturday and a second-place finish on Sunday in a double-header weekend at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca in Salinas, Calif. Aboard a race-prepared 2024 Road Glide® motorcycle, Wyman also broke his own track record in qualifying and won the Mission King of the Baggers Challenge. RevZilla/Motul/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson rider Hayden Gillim won on Sunday as Harley-Davidson riders locked out the King of the Baggers race podiums all weekend.

“For the Harley Factory Team, the great weekend really started on Friday,” said Wyman. “It put us a step ahead and I was really feeling the flow on the track right away. This Harley Road Glide is a beast and we won going away on Saturday. On Sunday, it took me a few laps to get pace but I’ll take nothing away from Hayden. He really wanted the win and I’m concerned with points for the championship so didn’t want to take a chance on the last lap.”

In the Mission Super Hooligan race series, Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson rider Cory West rode a race-prepared Harley-Davidson® Pan America® 1250 Special motorcycle to his second win of the season on Sunday after finishing second on Saturday. KWR/Harley-Davidson rider Hayden Schultz finished third on Saturday. Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson rider Jake Lewis finished second on Sunday. West was also the top qualifier and moved into second place in the series.

Wyman led all King of the Baggers qualifiers with a time of 1:28.182, breaking the lap record he set in 2023. Wyman also won the three-lap Mission King of the Baggers Challenge on Saturday. Starting from pole position on Saturday, Wyman led every lap of the nine-lap Mission King of the Baggers feature race. In the opening laps, Wyman led a group that included Harley-Davidson Factory Racing rider James Rispoli, RevZilla/Motul/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson riders Hayden Gillim and Rocco Landers, Factory Indian rider Troy Herfoss and SDI/Roland Sands Racing Indian rider Bobby Fong. Wyman gradually opened a gap of about 1 second on Gillim, with Landers and Herfoss trailing. Herfoss ran off the track on lap 8, and later that same lap Landers got by Gillim to take second place. Wyman crossed the finish line 2.666 seconds clear of Landers with Gillim in third place followed by Fong and Rispoli. Herfoss finished 11th.

On Sunday, Wyman again led the King of the Baggers off the start with Gillim and Fong in pursuit. Gillim executed a daring pass for the lead at the top of the infamous Corkscrew turn on lap 3, but Wyman took the lead back with a pass in turn 2 on lap 6. On lap 8, Gillim got past Wyman again in the Corkscrew, and Fong dropped out with a mechanical problem. Gillim crossed the finish line 0.188 seconds ahead of Wyman. Landers made a last-lap pass of Herfoss to grab third place. Rispoli finished fifth.

“I knew I had to take whatever shot I could at Kyle. He’s riding really good,” said Gillim. “I’m really happy. My team gave me a good machine. We have the number one plate on there and the team deserves to see this bike up front.”

“It was a trying weekend that ended with a confidence boost and being able to get back into the fight and really put together a solid race,” said Rispoli following the Sunday race. “It’s not where we want to be, but we’ll take it. And I couldn’t be more proud of the team for leading the championship with Kyle.”

After 12 of 18 rounds in the 2024 MotoAmerica Mission King of the Baggers series, Wyman takes over the championship standings with 237 points, bumping Herfoss to second place with 223 points. Gillim moves up to third place with 176 points, followed by O’Hara with 161 points, Rispoli with 130 points, and Landers with 106 points.

After 6 of 10 rounds in the 2024 Mission Super Hooligan series, S&S/Indian rider Tyler O’Hara leads with 110 points. West moves up to second with 102 points, followed by KWR/Harley-Davidson rider Cody Wyman with 86 points, Lewis with 78 points, and Herfoss with 71 points.

The Mission King of the Baggers and the Mission Super Hooligan series return to action August 16-18 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.

The Mission King of the Baggers series features race-prepared American V-Twin touring motorcycles. Harley-Davidson® Factory Racing Road Glide® motorcycles are powered by modified Screamin’ Eagle® Milwaukee-Eight® 131 Performance Crate Engines. The team bikes also feature upgraded suspension components, including Screamin’ Eagle/Öhlins Remote Reservoir Rear Shocks, plus competition exhaust, race tires and lightweight bodywork.

Harley-Davidson® Factory Racing is sponsored by Mission® Foods, Rockford Fosgate®, Brembo®, Öhlins®, Protolabs®, SYN3® lubricants, and Screamin’ Eagle® Performance Parts and Accessories.

MotoAmerica King of the Baggers Race Results – Laguna Seca Race 1

1. Kyle Wyman (H-D) Harley-Davidson Factory Racing
  2. Rocco Landers (H-D) RevZilla/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson
  3. Hayden Gillim (H-D) RevZilla/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson
  4. Bobby Fong (Ind) SDI/Roland Sands Racing/Indian Motorcycle
  5. James Rispoli (H-D) Harley-Davidson Factory Racing
  6. Max Flinders (Ind) Mad Monkey Motorsports
  7. Tyler O’Hara (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  8. Jake Lewis (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  9. Travis Wyman (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  10. Ruben Xaus (H-D) Feuling Parts
  11. Troy Herfoss (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  12. Danny Spina (H-D) Ruthless Road Racing

MotoAmerica King of the Baggers Race Results – Laguna Seca Race 2

1. Hayden Gillim (H-D) RevZilla/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson
  2. Kyle Wyman (H-D) Harley-Davidson Factory Racing
  3. Rocco Landers (H-D) RevZilla/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson
  4. Troy Herfoss (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  5. James Rispoli (H-D) Harley-Davidson Factory Racing
  6. Tyler O’Hara (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  7. Travis Wyman (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  8. Jake Lewis (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  9. Danny Spina (H-D) Ruthless Road Racing

Mission Super Hooligan Race Results – Laguna Seca Race 1

1. Tyler O’Hara (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  2. Cory West (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  3. Hayden Schultz (H-D) KWR/Harley-Davidson
  4. Jake Lewis (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  5. Troy Herfoss (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  6. Travis Wyman (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  7. Cody Wyman (H-D) KWR/Harley-Davidson
  8. Stefano Mesa (ENE) Tytlers Cycle Racing
  9. Hawk Mazzotta (IND) Roland Sands Racing
  10. Kole King (TRI) King Performance
  11. AJ Peaslee (KTM) AJ Peaslee Racing
  12. Jordan Eubanks (KTM) Ready To Ride
  13. Rich Foster (H-D) Moto Moto Racing
  14. Andrew Berkley (KTM) Underground Racing Team
  15. Adan Mendoza (KTM) Organon Group
  16. Dylan Wall (H-D) That Slow Sporty
  17. Mitchel Stein (YAM) Team MIM
  18. Kevin Greimel (DUC) Kevin Greimel Racing
  19. Paul Canale (BMW) Team Orthopedics
  20. Mike Boyce (KTM) 3D Motorsports

Mission Super Hooligan Race Results – Laguna Seca Race 2

1. Cory West (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  2. Jake Lewis (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  3. Tyler O’Hara (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  4. Cody Wyman (H-D) KWR/Harley-Davidson
  5. Troy Herfoss (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  6. Hayden Schultz (H-D) KWR/Harley-Davidson
  7. Travis Wyman (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  8. Hawk Mazzotta (IND) Roland Sands Racing
  9. Kole King (TRI) King Performance
  10. AJ Peaslee (KTM) AJ Peaslee Racing
  11. Andrew Berkley (KTM) Underground Racing Team
  12. Rich Foster (H-D) Moto Moto Racing
  13. Adan Mendoza (KTM) Organon Group
  14. Jeff Lane (KTM) Lane Racing Gray Area KTM
  15. Dylan Wall (H-D) That Slow Sporty
  16. Mitchel Stein (YAM) Team MIM
  17. Jordan Eubanks (KTM) Ready To Ride
  18. Kevin Greimel (DUC) Kevin Greimel Racing
  19. Leroy Eshelman (Ind) OTW Racing
  20. Mike Boyce (KTM) 3D Motorsports
  21. Paul Canale (BMW) Team Orthopedics

Source

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Did you watch today race ?

Herfoss # 1.

I heard Indian are changing their name.

7 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

That's just earsay...discussion floating around on other bike forums...Indian won't cave in like Harley to this woke crap.

I'm sure Victory motorcycle will have at least some success in the future.

They say that even Victory is too similar in meaning to Triumph, they might have to choose another new name altogether. Wing Shong or something like that.

• Haha 1

I may be alone in this but I think the Victory's I have seen locally are way cooler looking bikes than Indians.  

38 minutes ago, Saul said:

I may be alone in this but I think the Victory's I have seen locally are way cooler looking bikes than Indians.  

I have to agree, in fact they are planning on changing the Indian Challenger name to the Victory Speedball because you would need to be high to buy one when you could get a Harley.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I have to agree, in fact they are planning on changing the Indian Challenger name to the Victory Speedball because you would need to be high to buy one when you could get a Harley.

Put your money where your mouth is....go test ride one...and will talk later...it's better in every way...suspension..brakes..performance....your just blowing hot air with 70 horse  street glide...lol.

18 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Did you watch today race ?

Herfoss # 1.

Race 2 was excellent.

19 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Put your money where your mouth is....go test ride one...and will talk later...it's better in every way...suspension..brakes..performance....your just blowing hot air with 70 horse  street glide...lol.

Why don’t you go ride a Goldwing?

2 hours ago, Buckster said:

A friend with the red chopper just bought a 2024 roadglide...I guess the bike is 3 inches shorter..He bought the detachable tour pack...and it hasn't got any room to carry a passenger i guess...He took it back...I was looking at it the other day...I just don't know about the fairing...it looks oversize for the bike..the new dash is nice ..I'll give them that... that...still haven't heard anything yet...if he's getting the roadglide limited instead...

44 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

A friend with the red chopper just bought a 2024 roadglide...I guess the bike is 3 inches shorter..He bought the detachable tour pack...and it hasn't got any room to carry a passenger i guess...He took it back...I was looking at it the other day...I just don't know about the fairing...it looks oversize for the bike..the new dash is nice ..I'll give them that... that...still haven't heard anything yet...if he's getting the roadglide limited instead...

There are two different racks for the detachable tour pak, one that sets it so the tour pak is used as a rider backrest, maybe he got that one.

46 minutes ago, Buckster said:

There are two different racks for the detachable tour pak, one that sets it so the tour pak is used as a rider backrest, maybe he got that one.

No I don't think so...I think it's a roadglide standard...same has a street glide...to me those are single rider machines...doesn't have the touring seat.....think that might be where the problem  is...should have bought a  two  up machine like the limited  made to carry a passenger..

4 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

No I don't think so...I think it's a roadglide standard...same has a street glide...to me those are single rider machines...doesn't have the touring seat.....think that might be where the problem  is...should have bought a  two  up machine like the limited  made to carry a passenger..

Just put a touring seat on it, I have two seats for mine. I guess the challenger is made for guys who have a wife to tell them what to do, like bitches called Marcel.

14 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Just put a touring seat on it, I have two seats for mine. I guess the challenger is made for guys who have a wife to tell them what to do, like bitches called Marcel.

I'm still sticking with...it's a single rider machine...the shocks are not made to carry a passenger...you can get away with it...but he should have spend the extra 2 g if he was planning to take his wife along and get the limited..

Just now, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

I'm still sticking with...it's a single rider machine...the shocks are not made to carry a passenger...you can get away with it...but he should have spend the extra 2 g if he was planning to take his wife along and get the limited..

Well you are a homosexual so your opinion doesn’t matter.

• Haha 1