A Winged ride report

YamaHead

Managed to bag a Ride in a Cessna 150 with a friend who's a flight instructor in La Grande.... we flew over the north end of the Grand Ronde valley where Elgin is located...

Flying24008.thumb.jpg.9f85816f69094df75b4637af984f74dd.jpg

We flew over an area known as Palmer Junction....amazing how different the perspective is from 3k+ ft. up....

Flying24011.thumb.jpg.0cd8222f27a5a7d1fcf553cb1e9b030b.jpg

Flying24013.thumb.jpg.2ccb273988d70800df5dcde80b9f53c3.jpg

Flying24021.thumb.jpg.2de1ceacb4cf5fd7fb1e7b21f2c51aeb.jpg

Flying24022.thumb.jpg.5834a0630e03abf7bcb295dc981f96a8.jpg

I swear....the next best thing to riding on the ground! 😎

• Like 8

6 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Cool , did you do any 'cloudbusting'  ?

I'd better answer this before Buck does--...lol The cloud cover that day was @ a higher elevation than we were flying @, so no bursting, but a day later we had a nice but short lived Tstorm that wet everything down pretty good....but right back to the 90+'F consistently, Everyday for a month now.... the 1st day that it reaches only into the 80'sF is gonna be a national holiday!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Very cool, I’ve never been in a small plane, will have to try.

Don't hesitate....you won't regret it! Feeling pretty blessed this year....got to enjoy a kwik helicopter ride over the 4th of July....& then now to get a ride w/ a friend I love & respect, who happens to be a Flight Instructor on top of that....it was a blast! This guy knows more about planes than I'll probably ever know about Bikes--

• Like 2

I went up twice in mates Cessna about 20 years ago .  I did the navigation by holding a road map on my lap and looking below for landmarks, rivers etc.  We landed on a grass strip at Shobdon , it was really cool.  We also did some cloudbusting , that's why I asked about it.

It was cool to see trails and the like (especially Sarn Helen) from above 👍

• Like 1