Youth.

Saul

I’m sat here watching my Shadow playing bikes.    Now we have travelled an hour to a disused airfield with several miles of runway for here to practice on.    So she does a few laps of the little corner we are on and gets here confidence up.   Great all good, now she is making videos for her socials.  🤣

Don’t mind at all anything to build her confidence and comfort on the bike.  I know at her age I would have been off doing loops and exploring.    But then again social media is a new thing for oldies.  

IMG_3036.jpeg

IMG_3041.jpeg

IMG_3042.jpeg

IMG_3043.jpeg

IMG_3047.jpeg

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You’re being a great, pacient, dad!

patient ...

your welcome

• Haha 5

Well home now, Twas roughly a 60 mile round trip, checking the stats Shadow did 14 miles around the airport.   So she had plenty of practice in the end.  
IMG_3066.thumb.jpeg.0cca5d5094cb939f374b402b0d60b7a0.jpeg

Fuck me look at the average mpg this thing does.  
IMG_3067.thumb.jpeg.ebc440a89349b1f521d636be9b985ac6.jpeg

Dinner time 

IMG_3063.thumb.jpeg.142301a9d0aeadb3731746da98c1af07.jpeg

Biker chick 

IMG_3054.thumb.jpeg.a501385bd36ec8bbe5d4028b7569e5a5.jpeg

Shadow, had some road rage on the way home which was interesting.   
Some twat pulled out in front on me, I didn’t really care he proceed to shout watch where you going mate.   Still didn’t care then Shadow freaks out giving him the finger and calling him an every cunt she could lay her tongue to.     Bit later at a junction I asked her what that was all about.   Apparently the twat called me a fucking dickhead as we went past, I didn’t hear it and still don’t really care but she took exception.   When we got home I asked her where she had learnt that from, her mother apparently🤣   sounds about right 🤣
Anyway gave her the sensible talk. Asked her what she would have done if it went further, her response was it’s alright Dad you would have twatted him.   I asked her what if I wasn’t there.  Oh, was the reply.  She Just needs to calm down a little, riding and meeting dickheads is inevitable but twatting them is probably not the best option, especially if you are a 7 stone girl.  
I never told her but I love the spirit she has.  God help any future partner.🤣

IMG_3069.jpeg

• Like 4

I’m thinking of moving to Davidstow airfield.  Spent 6 hours up there in the last two days.   Firstly spent 3 hours up there on Wednesday teaching my oldest daughter to drive, who I am going to call Sunshine in comparison to my Shadow.    Sunshine is such a joy to be around, but she is going to take awhile to pick up all aspects of car control.  
Now Shadow, ever competitive, was not happy I spent three hours with Sunshine.    So yesterday’s riding lesson had to last the same time.   To be fair to Shadow I hardly saw her, she came back every half an hour or so to touch base but soon headed off again.    She is doing well up and down the gears confidently with good clutch control.   I’m going to get some cones and do some CBT style manoeuvres to get ready for her test at the end of August.     

IMG_3100.thumb.jpeg.e7fa2d6a13d1a72556fa911988d4bcfe.jpegIMG_3102.thumb.jpeg.8cd0d768361ec2a85ebd1071d1d71e37.jpegIMG_3105.thumb.jpeg.ec3cb630e6bec2aaca4a87530a50b1a6.jpeg

I took a tarp and laid it down so I ended up chilling and listening to podcasts for hours.  

IMG_3110.thumb.jpeg.ed6e58ad09afc6c889903e0b3fb8927d.jpeg

The question of lowering the CB125F has gone away as Shadow is happy with her lowered seat.  She says she feels much more confident and feels she is not sitting on top of the bike anymore but part of it instead.   If she is happy that is good enough for me.  

IMG_3108.thumb.jpeg.c04c3f12d72e979bf9ea798dcbfb4052.jpeg
IMG_3111.thumb.jpeg.613168efc255ba1082f06263feaa5683.jpeg

After her three and a half hours and 35 miles, of course she had to do more than Sunshine, Shadow needed feeding, apparently feeling faint 🤨

So a 45 minute ride down to Fraddon for a Maccies.   

IMG_3112.thumb.jpeg.b3d16336f2620d82aa12ac595153fc8a.jpeg

I have come to the conclusion that 80 + miles two up on a CB125F is not fun, our combined weight is close to 23 stone, a lot for 10hp to drag around.  The bike does it without fuss but it is a suboptimal set up.   

At one point Shadow was annoyed that another 125 passed us and wanted to know why.    I explained because of my heavy ass, 🤣

IMG_3104.jpeg

• Like 6

Very cool to see her progress. I’m surprised you don’t have anything similar closer to home, though.

Shadow and Sunshine? Did you use to be a hippie?

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Very cool to see her progress. I’m surprised you don’t have anything similar closer to home, though.

Not quite that old 🤣      Those nicknames suit their personalities.  😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

Not quite that old 🤣      Those nicknames suit their personalities.  😉

You need a rainbow too!

33 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It's not to bad really only about 25 miles away, just the roads aren't great and we have to ride through Bodmin and Camelford.      Disused WW2 airfields on common land aren't that common, well down here anyway 😉

• Like 2

Just now, Pedro said:

You need a rainbow too!

I do have a son, not sure he is a rainbow though.  Suppose greasy gobshite twat doesn't really go with Sunshine and Shadow.  🤣

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Saul said:

It's not to bad really only about 25 miles away, just the roads aren't great and we have to ride through Bodmin and Camelford.      Disused WW2 airfields on common land aren't that common, well down here anyway 😉

It's not like you are loving every moment of the dad daughter time.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

It's not like you are loving every moment of the dad daughter time.

True, they will both be gone soon enough.  😳

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

True, they will both be gone soon enough.  😳

If it is any consolation, my 26 year old is looking forward to seeing me this month and thinks my bike picture from Sunday is "wicked". (I was definitely robbed in BOTM)

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I'm surprised that they're allowed on that airfield, usually in the UK you'd have some busy body shouting 'you can't do that here mate'

• Like 3