2024 Honda Trail125

2024 Honda Trail125.
2024 Honda Trail125. (Honda/)

Overview

The original CA100T Trail 50 was first offered in the US all the way back in 1961. Popular models in the CT series were the CT200 Trail 90 in 1964, the CT70 Trail 70 in 1969, and the CT110 in 1981. For nearly three decades the CT series was a top seller, with more than 725,000 units sold in the US alone. And then it disappeared.

It wasn’t until 2021 when Honda introduced the Trail125, that the likeness and spirit of the original CTs returned to the showroom. And just last year, it already received further updates including changes to the engine that have improved the platform further.

That engine is an air-cooled 124cc four-stroke single with a single overhead cam and two valves. And unlike its predecessors of old, the latest Trail125s feature programmed fuel injection, electronic ignition, electric starting, and a single exhaust catalyzer. The four-speed transmission is semi-automatic utilizing a centrifugal clutch, which means easy clutch-free shifting for new riders and experts alike.

But the engine isn’t really what the Trail125 is all about. The bike’s amazing utility, excellent fuel economy, and fun nature make it a blast running errands, exploring trails around the campground, or commuting to work. The large rear luggage rack makes runs to the hardware store or grocery store a no-brainer.

Dual sport-style tires mounted on 17-inch rims allow the Trail125 to explore trails near and far, while the front and rear disc brakes (with standard ABS) means it won’t get overwhelmed when careening down dirt roads.

Pricing and Variants

The 2024 Honda Trail125 is available in Turmeric Yellow for $4,099.

2024 Honda Trail125 in Turmeric Yellow.
2024 Honda Trail125 in Turmeric Yellow. (Honda/)

Competition

• <a href="https://www.cycleworld.com/story/buyers-guide/2021-honda-super-cub-c125-abs/"><b>Honda Super Cub C125 ABS, $3,899</b></a>
  • <a href="https://www.cycleworld.com/story/buyers-guide/2020-yamaha-tw200/"><b>Yamaha TW200, $4,999</b></a>

News and Reviews

• <a href="https://www.cycleworld.com/motorcycle-reviews/honda-trail125-ride-review-2022/"><b>Honda Trail125 Review</b></a>

2024 Honda Trail125 Claimed Specs

MSRP: $4,099
Engine: SOHC, air-cooled single-cylinder; 2 valves/cyl.
Displacement: 124cc
Bore x Stroke: 50.0 x 63.1mm
Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
Transmission/Final Drive: 4-speed semi-automatic/chain
Fuel System: PGM-FI w/ 24mm throttle body
Clutch: Automatic centrifugal
Frame: Steel
Front Suspension: 27mm inverted fork; 4.3 in. travel
Rear Suspension: Twin shocks, preload adjustable; 3.4 in. travel
Front Brake: 2-piston caliper, 220mm disc w/ ABS
Rear Brake: 1-piston caliper, 190mm disc
Wheels, Front/Rear: Wire spoke; 17 in./17 in.
Tires, Front/Rear: 80/90-17 / 80/90-17
Rake/Trail: 27.0°/3.1 in.
Wheelbase: 49.5 in.
Ground Clearance: 6.5 in.
Seat Height: 31.5 in.
Fuel Capacity: 1.4 gal.
Claimed Wet Weight: 256 lb.

Source

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I've been looking at them for a while.  They are starting to come in more through importers now but still a bit too pricey for my liking.  I do see one in my future though ..........

With that size of rack, you could have a topbox that would even make Pete jealous...

• Haha 3

The Australian government has seen fit to prevent the import of non-dirt bikes without dual channel ABS, which is usually front and rear ABS. As the CT125 only has single channel on the front wheel, that means the humble Postie Bike will be no more.

FFS

• Like 1

Good little bike and i do not give a fu-see-k what BM riders think.. Never did when i owned them..and still own ( sorry i gave it to the lad ) an R90s.. a real BMW.

At my age and having ridden over 50 years i think i can ride what i like, and take not a jot of notice of young BM Twats like you.

The CT125 does what it says on the tin. Not done many miles as just after i got it Lock down and the good Lady got MND: so not been able to ride a lot.

I spend most of my time when not shopping looking after her. Will try and get some pics Pedro.

Lyn.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1